Duron and SD-RAM

ClancyDK

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ups i forgot....
Can I use PC-100 SD-RAM in a Duron system? I think it is possible, but Í'm not sure...
Plz help me!

G

you certainly can, but you have to be careful, durons and athlons in general are fairly picky processors when it comes to memory, if the memory is junk then they won't like it. But you can definitely run PC100 memory in a duron system, just not cheap crap memory ;-)

-Infornography
life as we know it is absurd

G

You can but Duron processors are bandwith memory hungry processors, so if you use Pc-133 instead you will get better performances.

cshaun

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
128Mb Nova 133Mhz SDRam - US$110

Would this ram be good for a Duron system? I've never heard of this brand and don't know if it's good or not???

I'm about to purchase a new computer...

Thanx
Shaun

G

never heard of that brand but that pricetag looks way too high
www.pricewatch.com
check them out, see if you can find something better, generally you want to go with crucial/micron memory, kingston, or step-thermodynamics (for them you have to buy a heatsink to be allowed to buy memory, but they make good heat sinks)
www.step-thermodynamics.com
most memory will work with athlons, but you take a risk with offbrand memory.

-Infornography
life as we know it is absurd

randomizer

Champion

Would this ram be good for a Duron system? I've never heard of this brand and don't know if it's good or not???

Thanx
Shaun
Save the money for the new computer, PC100/133 RAM is way overpriced for its performance, but I guess its because its old tech and they want you to buy a whole new system instead of old ram.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

Thanx
Shaun
Save the money for the new computer, PC100/133 RAM is way overpriced for its performance, but I guess its because its old tech and they want you to buy a whole new system instead of old ram.Did you look at the date of this thread? :?

randomizer

Champion
Did you look at the date of this thread? :?
(Sudden feeling of regret) :oops: No it was just on the main page and I went to it lol (massive forehead slap) :oops: . I rarely look at dates, I dont even know what todays date is.

EDIT: I wondered why he was talking about something so old...

Heyhey

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2004
look the Conroes are the best performing CPUs at the moment , so Id say go for the Intel conroe , They beat AMD in eevrybenchmark.

randomizer

Champion
look the Conroes are the best performing CPUs at the moment , so Id say go for the Intel conroe , They beat AMD in eevrybenchmark.
Once again look at the date of this thread (Im a hypocrite). Conroe or even athlon 64 meant nothing and was nothing when this thread was made.

melarcky

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
yes you can my step mom is running a Duron 1.2ghz with PC=133 256mb....
its running ok and it works xp fine but i just hate Durons.