Why Don't Most People Know How To Job Hunt & Interview Effectively?

doublejm1

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Over the past few months, I've had friends and relatives -- all of which are looking for work -- come to me with questions pertaining to resumes, interviewing, and the like.

I had to reiterate the same suggestions over and over again to different people. It got to the point where I felt inspired to write an article on the topic -- one that I could simply send to everyone en masse:

http://socyberty.com/work/tips-on-how-to-find-a-job-that-suits-your-skills-and-interests/

The article helped them a great deal, but here's what I don't understand: Why is it that so many people are clueless out there when it comes to polishing resumes, shining in interviews, etc.? Granted, I've had ample interview/job hunting experience, but it seems people just don't take the time to research the topic. And then they wonder why they aren't getting the jobs. It's not rocket science by any stretch.

Have you guys encountered the same?

Kewlx25

Distinguished
Or making use of free resources. Both my local Uni and Job center have professions that will help with resumes and how to look for jobs, for free to the public.