Printed with out paper now the printer is not work?!?

johnyct9760

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Hi everyone I working with a Lexmark x2500 printer and I went to print something with out any paper in the shoot, now pretty much this printers is BEYOND no working. Apparently the folks at Lexmark have to do a bit more quality testing on there products cause I have to assume this is fairly common and having the entire printer not working seems like overkill for just trying to print with out any paper! :fou: But I digress....

Here is the visible problem as it currently stands. I go to print something and the printing que says its printing but i never does print. when I go to delete the job from the print que (or pause it or any thing else for that matter) its unresponsive.
I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the lexmark driver and software many times now (some where between 3 and 6 times)
On the first time I try to print with the new software installed the little Lexmark printing notice comes up and fezzes and hangs up somewhere about 50% with the printing bar filled up, end result the job never gets printed and on any other subsequent jobs this little window never comes up again. Although jobs are added to the job list.

From what I have read and tried thus far apparently this is some kind of hang up with the spooler, the method below to clear the spooler and restart it and then fire it up again but with no luck, I've even heaped a fresh uninstall on top of all of these steps to try and get this to work but no dice.

To clear the print queue from stuck print jobs, try this approach instead:

1. Browse to Start -> Run... and type in NET STOP SPOOLER (this will stop the print spooler service)

2. Browse to your windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS\ folder. You should see files there ending in .SPL and .SHD created around the time you tried to print - delete these files.

3. Browse to Start -> Run... and type in NET START SPOOLER (this will restart the print spooler service)

4. Double click the printer icon in the lower-right corner of your taskbar to examine your print job queue and browse to View -> Refresh.
Yes that does get the que cleared but still nothing is printing. All I can really say at this point is WTF talk about a total non issue becomng a big deal....sign... I mean its 20 f*cking 12 here people enough of the bullsh*t shabby products.

As always thank you for any help and insight you can pass along on this matter

Big love,

JT

LexmarkListens

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
Please check these articles from the Lexmark website. This might help fix the problem you're experiencing. (Note: The steps in the articles are applicable on Windows Vista or Windows 7 OS only. If you have a different OS, please contact us using our contact info below.)

- No Printing Occurs or Not All Pages of a Multipage Print Job Are Printed in Microsoft Windows Vista
- Communication Error or Job Stays in Print Queue on Windows Vista and Windows 7

I hope this helps. If not, please contact us through email at lxklistens@lexmark.com or chat with one of our customer advocates at http://bit.ly/boldchat (available Monday - Friday (US: 4:00am - 7:00pm EST; UK: 9:00am - 11:00pm GMT)). We'd be glad to assist you.