HDD's: 5 x Seagate Cheetah X15 18,2 GB as bootable
RAID 5

There is only one Problem!
GIVE ME THE MONEY!
What's your DREAMMACHINE?

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Heck, my dream machine is nothing so drastic. Right now I'd just settle for a P3-800 (133MHz FSB of course) on an Intel motherboard based around the i815 but supporting DDR SDRAM. Put in 256 megs of DDR SDRAM into that. Then add in a GeForce2 Ultra based video card and a Creative Labs SB Live! Platinum.

Why not an Athlon? Well, I'm already spending butt loads for the video and sound, so why not also get an Intel chip? Heh heh heh.

Though first Intel has to take their head out of their keester and give me the motherboard that I'm sure a large majority of knowledged Intel users want.

Maybe my dreams are low, but at least mine will come true if my tax returns augment my current savings account how I'm expecting them too and Intel managers wake up and smell the coffee.

But if we're going for a true dream machine, then I want a quad set of Pentium 4GHz 64bit x86 extension chips running on a motherboard with four chips of 2 GB QDR SDRAM. And, of course, with appropriate Uber-Video and similarly awsome sound.

Why Pentium? Because despite Intel's insane management lately, I believe that in the future they'll straighten out again and Intel will prove it's massive bulk can actually be shifted to produce the most advanced CPUs in the world. It isn't the engineers holding Intel back, it's the idiots running the company. And I have the belief that one day those idiots will educate themselves in reality.

- Anything can be fixed with duct tape, a swiss army knife, and WD-40. :)

G

That is a great system. For doing what, I don't know, but it is a great system.

More realisticaly my dream system is being built as we speak, and should ship this coming Monday.

1.2Ghz Thunderbird
384MB VC SDRAM (PC133)
30GB ATA100 Hard Drive
64MB GeForce2 Ultra
22" Viewsonic PF815 Monitor
Sound Blaster Live XGAMER 5.1
S4/8200 Midiland Digital 5.1 speakers
16x Pioneer DVD with Hardware decoder card
12/10/32 Plextor CD Burner
and a partridge in a pear tree.

I guess I will just have to be happy with that.

G

Yes I guess you'll just have to suffer.....yeah right!! I wish I had that system.

G

this one is mine... i currently own an 850 athlon... but it's going to be reality in January ( chrismas bonus well spent...) Working @ a distributor has it's benefits

asus A7V no audio
athlon 1200
512mb pcc 133 infineon cas 2
maxtor 40gig 7200 ata 100
super orb cooler
asus v7700 GTS2 DX
sound blaster live platinum
yamaha 16X10X40 cd burner
Asus 50X cd rom
pioneer 16X DVD slot load

SoulReaper

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Boy you must feel special! And you spent all that money for???? No thanx, I'll take my Athlon 1ghz with 768mb of PC133 ram. All SCSI with a 19 inch LCD. I really don't like Intel cpu's. your system would be torcher for me. =)

"Upgrading is no longer an option....it's a necessity"
Visit www.elitehunters.com
--SoulReaper =)

G

Hey,

Im waiting for an Athlon Socket A board running the 760mp chipset w DDR capabilities. 2 x 1.2ghz Tbirds Maybe a gig or 2 of DDR Ram, The Geforce2 Ultra 64 mb... hmm I need time to think bout it

Timothy Stankus
One of the First AMD Athlon Users =)

Hasse

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hmm.. yer system is biased towards professional 3D, not gaming. So when one is comparing systems, let it be within the same "group". My system is ok fer professional 3D apps, but nothing heavy. Still he he ..
My sys:
AMD 1.2, 1,1 or 1.0 ghz clocked at 1250mhz
256mb (pc133 cl2, will upgrade to 512 if mobo accepts it :))
ASUS A7V
75GB IBM 75GXP HDD
Gainward CardExpert GeForce2 ULTRA/500 Golden Sample
Soundblaster Live 1024
Hitatchi 17" (643 model) runs at 1600x1200@75Hz
Creative labs 4 point surround (I never watch dvds on the puter.. and 5.1 surround doesn't have [-peep-] to say in games so...)
Aopen Hx08 or was it HQ08 (case) with 4 extra case fans
Intellimouse Explorer (ok infra mouse)

Hope it works when I get the parts.. orderd the GeForce2, the mobo, half the ram and the Alpha Cooler (6035MUC)..

Hmmm

shinigamiX

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
Heck, my dream machine is nothing so drastic. Right now I'd just settle for a P3-800 (133MHz FSB of course) on an Intel motherboard based around the i815 but supporting DDR SDRAM. Put in 256 megs of DDR SDRAM into that. Then add in a GeForce2 Ultra based video card and a Creative Labs SB Live! Platinum.

Why not an Athlon? Well, I'm already spending butt loads for the video and sound, so why not also get an Intel chip? Heh heh heh.

Though first Intel has to take their head out of their keester and give me the motherboard that I'm sure a large majority of knowledged Intel users want.

Maybe my dreams are low, but at least mine will come true if my tax returns augment my current savings account how I'm expecting them too and Intel managers wake up and smell the coffee.

But if we're going for a true dream machine, then I want a quad set of Pentium 4GHz 64bit x86 extension chips running on a motherboard with four chips of 2 GB QDR SDRAM. And, of course, with appropriate Uber-Video and similarly awsome sound.

Why Pentium? Because despite Intel's insane management lately, I believe that in the future they'll straighten out again and Intel will prove it's massive bulk can actually be shifted to produce the most advanced CPUs in the world. It isn't the engineers holding Intel back, it's the idiots running the company. And I have the belief that one day those idiots will educate themselves in reality.

- Anything can be fixed with duct tape, a swiss army knife, and WD-40. :)
Heh...

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
Thought this was a joke at first before seeing the dates!!

And to think that the non-PC world only aged a bit over 6 years in that time. Computers are a warp in the space-time continuum.

I know, it's insane. Only seven years after the new millennium, a little more than five years after 9/11 (which I still remember like it was yesterday)...but the computing world has demolished every and all barriers.

elpresidente2075

Distinguished
May 29, 2006

Heh, it only took them 6 years...

MarcusL

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I love it when people dig up old threads.

I'd understand digging up the thread to reminisce about the "good ole days" and the hardware we thought was so hot back then.

But to only post "Heh.." as a comment. That's just wierd.

spree

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005
OMG I just remembered I had an AMD k6 300mhz cpu 8O seems so far far away, I dont even remember how windows 98 looks like, when I close my eyes I see flashbacks of Norton Commander :p

sprite

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
I love it when people dig up old threads.

I'd understand digging up the thread to reminisce about the "good ole days" and the hardware we thought was so hot back then.

But to only post "Heh.." as a comment. That's just wierd.

I think he was quoting the guy who was on about the future of intel and pentium and joking about 4GHz CPUs.

holy_cow

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007
omg! norton comander (not sure if its the same name or im mixing names) was like magic for .bat files!

First time I saw it changing dos font color i was like crazy :O ! :lol: