Removing old video drivers that arent needed

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • ATI
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
November 24, 2002 9:54:26 AM

Hello,
I replaced my ati video card but when I tried to remove the drivers with the add/remove option it kept giving me an error and could not remove the ati display driver. I finally erased the folder manually. I'm now using a Geforce card,but every time I start up my machine it gives me an error message saying that the ati driver cannot be found so it can not be loaded.
My question is what do I delete so it will stop trying to load this driver and where do i go to delete it
thank you.
Win 98se

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by seekie on 11/24/02 07:01 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

More about : removing video drivers arent needed

November 24, 2002 5:12:09 PM

do a search of the c: drive for ati*.* this should list most of the ati related files also run msconfig and uncheck any ati related programs in the startup folder

<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?lagger" target="_new"> All Nude Female Jello® Wrestling RuleZ!</A>
November 27, 2002 2:32:12 AM

I'm glad someone asked this question, because I'm soon going to have to do the same thing....GF card is in the mail, to replace my ATI. I'm not a big fan of having to remove drivers. They have a tendency to hang around :mad: 
Related resources
November 27, 2002 5:28:17 PM

Go to c:/windows/inf/other
!