Nomad

My IJ POA stutters to the left. In diagnostics mode the POA moves fine
left and right. I have replaced the motor and driver transistor so it
seems that I have a weak left flipper opto. My question is why does the
left flipper function fine but not the POA move left when they are
using the same opto?

nomad

martin

There are two optos on the flipper opto board, one used for the upper
flipper (if present) and one used for the lower flipper. Cleaning is a
really good idea. Also, check that the interrupter has full travel
through the opto slot.

Nomad

I've cleaned them and it appeared to fix the problem for a day or two.
Not sure I saw 2 optos or what you mean by "upper flipper?" IJ only has
2 flippers. I'll swap the opto boards and see what happens. What's a
good source for these opto boards if I do need a new one, or at least
the opto.

Thanks,
nomad

Swap left and right flipper button opto boards and see if the problem moves.
LTG :)

"nomad" <damonoresky@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My IJ POA stutters to the left. In diagnostics mode the POA moves fine
> left and right. I have replaced the motor and driver transistor so it
> seems that I have a weak left flipper opto. My question is why does the
> left flipper function fine but not the POA move left when they are
> using the same opto?
>
> nomad

woz

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

Try cleaning the flipper optos first - you may not need to change them.

Woz

"nomad" <damonoresky@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My IJ POA stutters to the left. In diagnostics mode the POA moves fine
> left and right. I have replaced the motor and driver transistor so it
> seems that I have a weak left flipper opto. My question is why does the
> left flipper function fine but not the POA move left when they are
> using the same opto?
>
> nomad

The Liz has the best replacement board and
the best price on them.

See: http://www.pbliz.com/id33.htm

They work better than the originals as well.

--
Fred
TX