5. How much battery life do you need? It's really not going to be leaving the house much. More for the couch/livingroom. Will be able to keep plugged in.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? Nope.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Facebook, interwebs surfing, photos (no editing), general purpose.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? I have 2 TB on my desktop and will buy external if more is needed. 250GB is more than enough.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I'm open to options. maybe a Dell?
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? As long as possible. Cliche, I know.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Nothing fancy.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Again, I'm open to all options.
13. What country do you live in? U.S.
14. This is a very basic laptop for my wife. She does not play games and her current IBM Thinkpad is about 6 years old and in dire need of a replacement. I would like it to have Windows 7 and most importantly be able to easily connect to a Linksys WTR54G Wireless router (I had problems with the Thinkpad.) Again, nothing fancy, all she does is surf the web, email, watch movies and post pictures.