Sign in with
Your question

Gaming Laptop Advice

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
October 28, 2010 2:04:44 AM

Hi All-

Looking for a "gaming laptop" in the $1k price range... Best Buy has an Alienware (the tiny 12" one) that supposedly isn't bad, but it doesn't have an optical drive so I'd have to get an external, and the HD isn't very big (250gb). They have an Asus as well, 17" for $1200 which is supposed to be better than the AW performance-wise. It's also much bigger size-wise.

Ideally I'd like something no bigger than 14-15" that will run today's games pretty well on max settings. Honestly, I don't game much anymore but I'd like to be able to should I get the itch to.

A friend of mine told me that Steam runs on Mac now? Is that an option performance-wise?

Any opinions on machines are appreciated, please don't limit yourself to the two I mentioned above. I've been out of the hardware game for 4 years now and have no idea what's what anymore.

Thanks in advance!

More about : gaming laptop advice

a c 244 D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
October 28, 2010 11:00:01 AM

Hello and welcome to the forums
Have a look at Sager NP8690,its a great choice
http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8690-built-clevo-w860cu-...
As for Macs,yes steam is now available and with the latest graphic update of Snow leopard,the performance is pretty much on par with windows but within your budget,you can get MBP 13" which has a mid-low card.
October 29, 2010 2:27:09 AM

Have you find it?
!