Bootmgr is missing

I have a hp G71-449WM Notebook running Windows7 premium 64bit. I can't boot computer the repair disc I have doesn't seem to work. I have no installation disc to fall back on and I can not seem to get it to boot in safe mode. Right now its asking me to find the needed driver in the driver folders. Unless it's called something else I do not see a bootmgr driver. Right now its asking me to connect to the network which would be cool but i don't know what folder they where asking me to type in.
Would appreciate ANY help in this matter.
Thanks
T
3 answers Last reply
More about bootmgr missing
  1. t_licious33 said:
    I have a hp G71-449WM Notebook running Windows7 premium 64bit. I can't boot computer the repair disc I have doesn't seem to work. I have no installation disc to fall back on and I can not seem to get it to boot in safe mode. Right now its asking me to find the needed driver in the driver folders. Unless it's called something else I do not see a bootmgr driver. Right now its asking me to connect to the network which would be cool but i don't know what folder they where asking me to type in.
    Thanks
    T

BOOTMGR is not a driver. It is a system file that is written when you install Windows on the computer and it controls the different boot options and how they are resolved on the computer.

I would recommend creating a Hirens Boot CD and utilize some of the options available to attempt to resolve your issue.

Some of the main ones that stick out are DiskMan and a few others.

This is going to be your only alternative minus reinstalling the OS.
  2. t_licious33 said:
    Thanks
    T

Hi, would you be able to type the exact message that you get when tryingto boot?
  3. If you can get into the Recovery Environment, you can fix it, although I'm not certain of your exact error, bootmgr is missing is a common issue on Vista and Windows 7. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2622803
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Hewlett Packard Boot Windows 7