ActiveX Problem with MSN Zone

When the MSN Game Zone page tries to load, I get a message to click on the
yellow bar at the top of the screen for Windows XP to allow - only - hmmm -
no yellow bar appears.
Followed any instructions I could find on MSN's site even vaguely related to
problem.
Suggestions?

LindaB789 wrote:
> When the MSN Game Zone page tries to load, I get a message to click on the
> yellow bar at the top of the screen for Windows XP to allow - only - hmmm -
> no yellow bar appears.
> Followed any instructions I could find on MSN's site even vaguely related to
> problem.
> Suggestions?

Do you already have Heartbeat and Zinfo? Open Internet Properties,
General tab, Settings button, View Objects button. If HeartbeatCtrl or
ZoneIntro Class is listed as Damaged, right-click, click Update to
repair the ActiveX component. If that doesn't work, right-click the
damaged component, click Remove. Reenter the Zone for a fresh install.

It's also possible that your security settings won't allow ActiveX
installs. Try the settings suggested here:

http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#IE

Also, under the Advanced tab, select both "Install on Demand" settings.
If Security Settings for "Internet" aren't set to "Download Signed
ActiveX Controls", "Prompt", you may not see the yellow bar.

--
+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address from "invalid" to
"com" if you want to email me.