Athlon Overclocking Insite Needed!

G

I have recently purchased a new setup consisting of an ASUS A7V mobo (revision 10.02), TBird 900, Annihilator2, Blaster 16 PCI, Chrome Orb, 300w p/s, 20.5g WD Caviar 5400, and 128mb of PC100 from my old setup. I am currently running the chip @ 1gig, but i want to know how far i can/should take it. Does anyone know of an o/c'ed system, with a similar setup that has been successfully o/ced up to or past 1100 w/o needing completely extenseive cooling methods?
If so what were the fsb/vcore settings? Also any advice on o/cing the video card would be equally helpful. Thanks!

G

just try at anyspeed, work your way up untill your cpu won't let you in windows.(Your CPU not going to Fry. it will most like freez.)then take it down 50-100mhz and test it out for it's stablity.

with PC100 i don't know how well you can push that Bird with that mem. if you increase the FSB the mem clock will also increase. just adjust the multiplier instead of the FSB. to be sure.

and also make sure you CPU temp are OK. meaning avg: no higher than 40C and Load: no higher than 50C, To be SAVE. although the Bird are rated to Temp as high as 90C i wouldn't recomend trying that out.

when I was testing to unlock my TB i got sick of cliping the damn HEDGEHoG back and forth. so I tried just laying it there. TURN on computer, I haven't even finish setting my ABIT softmenu multiplier setting and I'm already smelling something burning. I quickly pull the power cord off.

after attaching the HSF i turn on the Computer again. and check the PC health, the CPU core was at 48C. so I'm guessing the TEMP without the HSF attach was somewhere around 50-60C. and I already smeel something. don't think that these chip will actually run at temp close 90C.