P4 3DMark2000 score...finally

G

Hello all,

I managed to get my hands on a Pentium 4 machine. 1.5GHz, 128MB PC600 ram and sloted in it a Visiontek GeForce2 GTS 64MB card and then run 3DMark 2000. I have to say that I was a but dissapointed. The score was 7504, an average after a number of retries. Well, there you go...this should fuel the controversy on the P4 performance a bit more.

G

Please post your link to your saved score on 3dmark's website.

Dohhh!!!

G

How did you get a P4 system, to my knowledge those chip are so limited that only the big OEM like DELL. an retail??? no way. + no Motherboard out YET to support P4.

unless you were given a chance to test a P4 by Intel. which i doubt, if you did, there is probably some other TECH site already posting something, don't think that INTEL just going to let ONE person/Team have a go on a P4.

There was on LOAN from INTEL of P4 system being benchmark and reviewed as we speak, but all lip are shut. and even with that P4 LOAN, WHY would INTEL trying to promote it's P4 put a PC600 instead of a faster PC800.

G

You are absolutely right about that, I just didn't have the time to put a modem in the system, set up my ISP and post it. Patience and that will be there as well.

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Could others please post their 3DMark scores here so we can compare. Especially people with 1GHz Tbirds or PIIIs and GeForce cards.

I have a Duron 600 not overclocked
Asus A7V
Geforce 256 64MB DDR
3DMark 2000 = 4666

I would expect that a 1 GHz Tbird with a Geforce 2 Ultra would be pretty close to the P4.

G

Hey,

Wow thats pretty disapointing. well I will have to wait just a little more to make sure my dissapointment is justified.

Timothy Stankus
One of the First AMD Athlon Users =)

G

Hey Pave what was a mobo that u used for testing?

P.S. Wow this is 1000th post. This Message Board is amazingly popular.

G

Hello all,

www.cnet.com has an interesting article...P4 PC's coming out on Monday from most major PC manufacturers, the P4 is not really in short supply like the P3, it will be sold normally and as Tom has already hinted on one of his articles, it's going to keep the ball rolling until Intel moves the P3 to the .13 micron process.

G

Heh , pave that was naughty :) keep it coming, somehow i just know you will have further results to share in the future, oh yeah and you paid too much for the red f1 top ;p

TRENDING THREADS