Hi all:

As the "resident expert...;>)" on a number of WPC cabs, having built many
I can tell you more details than you would probably care to hear regarding
the differences in construction. However - today I was presented with
building a BARE (meaning painted only) AFM head, and I have never done one
of these. Now I can say this - I KNOW it's probably just like another one of
the WPC heads, but I NEED to know EXACTLY which one it is like. For example,
IJ, MM and TOM all have the same heads; CFTBL and FT are the same; WW is in
a class all by itself, FH is different at the BASE....can you see what I am
getting at?

What I need from someone who has an AFM is to provide a pic of the opened
head, and tell me the following:

1) How long are the internal side support rails? (there should be four, two
long upper and two short lower for the speaker panel)
2) Do the upper long ones sit FLUSH to the top, or are they down like 2"
from the top?
3) Do the long rails sit further back than the short ones?
4) Does the ground braid start at the upper right top corner and go
counterclockwise down to the ground post at the base? Or is it different?
5) Does the lightboard attach at the left and SWING OUT like most?

Bet you never would have thought there were so many differences!!

Whoever can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it, and I'll figure out some way
to "reimburse" you for the effort. Talk to me. THANKS!!

Chris

Hi Chris

I'll send you pictures shortly. LTG :)

"Chris Munson" <chrismunson@bigtimecabinets.com> wrote in message
> Hi all:
>
> As the "resident expert...;>)" on a number of WPC cabs, having built
many
> I can tell you more details than you would probably care to hear regarding
> the differences in construction. However - today I was presented with
> building a BARE (meaning painted only) AFM head, and I have never done one
> of these. Now I can say this - I KNOW it's probably just like another one
of
> the WPC heads, but I NEED to know EXACTLY which one it is like. For
example,
> IJ, MM and TOM all have the same heads; CFTBL and FT are the same; WW is
in
> a class all by itself, FH is different at the BASE....can you see what I
am
> getting at?
>
> What I need from someone who has an AFM is to provide a pic of the
opened
> head, and tell me the following:
>
> 1) How long are the internal side support rails? (there should be four,
two
> long upper and two short lower for the speaker panel)
> 2) Do the upper long ones sit FLUSH to the top, or are they down like 2"
> from the top?
> 3) Do the long rails sit further back than the short ones?
> 4) Does the ground braid start at the upper right top corner and go
> counterclockwise down to the ground post at the base? Or is it different?
> 5) Does the lightboard attach at the left and SWING OUT like most?
>
> Bet you never would have thought there were so many differences!!
>
> Whoever can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it, and I'll figure out some
way
> to "reimburse" you for the effort. Talk to me. THANKS!!
>
> Chris

Pictures sent. Woodwork inside is identical to MM. Lightboard is attached on
the left side. LTG :)

"Chris Munson" <chrismunson@bigtimecabinets.com> wrote in message
> Hi all:
>
> As the "resident expert...;>)" on a number of WPC cabs, having built
many
> I can tell you more details than you would probably care to hear regarding
> the differences in construction. However - today I was presented with
> building a BARE (meaning painted only) AFM head, and I have never done one
> of these. Now I can say this - I KNOW it's probably just like another one
of
> the WPC heads, but I NEED to know EXACTLY which one it is like. For
example,
> IJ, MM and TOM all have the same heads; CFTBL and FT are the same; WW is
in
> a class all by itself, FH is different at the BASE....can you see what I
am
> getting at?
>
> What I need from someone who has an AFM is to provide a pic of the
opened
> head, and tell me the following:
>
> 1) How long are the internal side support rails? (there should be four,
two
> long upper and two short lower for the speaker panel)
> 2) Do the upper long ones sit FLUSH to the top, or are they down like 2"
> from the top?
> 3) Do the long rails sit further back than the short ones?
> 4) Does the ground braid start at the upper right top corner and go
> counterclockwise down to the ground post at the base? Or is it different?
> 5) Does the lightboard attach at the left and SWING OUT like most?
>
> Bet you never would have thought there were so many differences!!
>
> Whoever can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it, and I'll figure out some
way
> to "reimburse" you for the effort. Talk to me. THANKS!!
>
> Chris

AFM uses a one piece translight and glass light panel thingy(I have
heard it called a eggshell LOL!!).The head is just like MM ,MB and CC though
with the lone difference being the ground braid routing.No swing out insert
panel.
"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> Pictures sent. Woodwork inside is identical to MM. Lightboard is attached
> on
> the left side. LTG :)
>
> "Chris Munson" <chrismunson@bigtimecabinets.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all:
>>
>> As the "resident expert...;>)" on a number of WPC cabs, having built
> many
>> I can tell you more details than you would probably care to hear
>> regarding
>> the differences in construction. However - today I was presented with
>> building a BARE (meaning painted only) AFM head, and I have never done
>> one
>> of these. Now I can say this - I KNOW it's probably just like another one
> of
>> the WPC heads, but I NEED to know EXACTLY which one it is like. For
> example,
>> IJ, MM and TOM all have the same heads; CFTBL and FT are the same; WW is
> in
>> a class all by itself, FH is different at the BASE....can you see what I
> am
>> getting at?
>>
>> What I need from someone who has an AFM is to provide a pic of the
> opened
>> head, and tell me the following:
>>
>> 1) How long are the internal side support rails? (there should be four,
> two
>> long upper and two short lower for the speaker panel)
>> 2) Do the upper long ones sit FLUSH to the top, or are they down like 2"
>> from the top?
>> 3) Do the long rails sit further back than the short ones?
>> 4) Does the ground braid start at the upper right top corner and go
>> counterclockwise down to the ground post at the base? Or is it different?
>> 5) Does the lightboard attach at the left and SWING OUT like most?
>>
>> Bet you never would have thought there were so many differences!!
>>
>> Whoever can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it, and I'll figure out some
> way
>> to "reimburse" you for the effort. Talk to me. THANKS!!
>>
>> Chris

Oops, I goofed. Chris is right. I even took the light panel out to get the
pictures. It's going to be a long day. LTG :)

"Christopher Hutchins" <highendpins@NOSPAMalltel.net> wrote in message
> AFM uses a one piece translight and glass light panel thingy(I have
> heard it called a eggshell LOL!!).The head is just like MM ,MB and CC
though
> with the lone difference being the ground braid routing.No swing out
insert
> panel.
> "Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> > Pictures sent. Woodwork inside is identical to MM. Lightboard is
attached
> > on
> > the left side. LTG :)

WOW, what a great group of folks, thanks MUCH for the help, I am always
astonished at the knowledge base.

Chris