Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Screen size & resolution?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 27, 2012 6:01:50 PM

I keep asking myself how screen size affects resolution.

Lets say i have a 22inch monitor and a 32 inch monitor both 1920 x 1080.

Would i be able to fit more things on the screen on the 32 inch? cause it has a bigger area? Or would they fit the same amount of stuff cause of the same resolution?
Lets say i opened a game in windowed mode and made the resolution 800x600. Could I fit more of the games on the 32inch or would the games just be visibly larger to the eye on the 32inch?

Idk why it confuses me, seems like it's a easy thing to understand :pt1cable: 

More about : screen size resolution

a c 195 C Monitor
March 27, 2012 10:32:36 PM

The resolution defines how much "space" you have to work with. The higher the resolution the more "space" on the desktop there is to place things. The size of the screen only affects how big things appears.

A 22" LCD monitor with 1920x1080 resolution has the same amount of "space" as a 32" HDTV with 1920x1080 resolution. Texts and images will look larger on the 32" HDTV as opposed to the 22" LCD monitor.
m
l

Best solution

March 28, 2012 4:39:41 AM

""Lets say i opened a game in windowed mode and made the resolution 800x600. Could I fit more of the games on the 32inch or would the games just be visibly larger to the eye on the 32inch? ""
The game will be visibly larger on the screen on 32" monitor than the 22" monitor., as 22" and 32" monitors are on the same desktop resolution.

""Would i be able to fit more things on the screen on the 32 inch? cause it has a bigger area? Or would they fit the same amount of stuff cause of the same resolution? ""
They will fit the same amount of things or games, coz both are at same desktop resolution, but 32" monitor will show objects larger than 22" monitor, as the difference of screen size.

And actual resolution ads details to the object's visibility, means circle's line will appear in more smooth circle in higher resolutions. "as more pixel details are added".
Related resources
March 28, 2012 4:12:31 PM

Best answer selected by dontqqnub.
m
l
March 28, 2012 4:12:54 PM

knight1122 said:
""Lets say i opened a game in windowed mode and made the resolution 800x600. Could I fit more of the games on the 32inch or would the games just be visibly larger to the eye on the 32inch? ""
The game will be visibly larger on the screen on 32" monitor than the 22" monitor., as 22" and 32" monitors are on the same desktop resolution.

""Would i be able to fit more things on the screen on the 32 inch? cause it has a bigger area? Or would they fit the same amount of stuff cause of the same resolution? ""
They will fit the same amount of things or games, coz both are at same desktop resolution, but 32" monitor will show objects larger than 22" monitor, as the difference of screen size.

And actual resolution ads details to the object's visibility, means circle's line will appear in more smooth circle in higher resolutions. "as more pixel details are added".

Well put, well put.
m
l
March 29, 2012 5:30:03 AM

dontqqnub said:
Well put, well put.

Thanx my frnd, It was my first try ever, m glad it helped...
m
l
!