Sign in with
Your question

Mouse with no rubber coating

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 27, 2012 10:44:55 PM

Greetings!

Does anyone know of a gaming mouse that has no rubber coating? Apparently I have corrosive sweat, that tends to eat through the rubber coating on many of the mouses out there.

So I'm looking for a wired gaming mouse that has little to no rubber on it... failing that, I could probably put up with a mouse that has no rubber on the sides, as that is where most of the damage happens.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!

More about : mouse rubber coating

a b 4 Gaming
March 27, 2012 11:09:18 PM

The Logitech G500 is all plastic.
April 27, 2012 4:42:13 AM

Zhoken said:
Greetings!

Does anyone know of a gaming mouse that has no rubber coating? Apparently I have corrosive sweat, that tends to eat through the rubber coating on many of the mouses out there.

So I'm looking for a wired gaming mouse that has little to no rubber on it... failing that, I could probably put up with a mouse that has no rubber on the sides, as that is where most of the damage happens.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!

just thought id throw this out there... ive used both rubber coated an full plastic mice and sweating seems less on rubber OR its at least less noticeable due to texture... all plastic mice suck in my opinion because when you start sweating the plastic becomes slippery and its very annoying an i find myself thinking too much about my grip instead of focusing on my game (i play competitive CSS) if you want a good mouse tho thats all plastic check out the razer deathadders... there are so many versions of it i have the transformers edition which is all plastic and i love the mouse but hate the coating (i prefer rubber)
a b 4 Gaming
April 27, 2012 11:23:14 AM

a month late on a suggestion dont you think?

the standard razer deathadder is a rubber coated mouse not an all plastic coated mouse.

if you are sweating that profusely you need to invest in a small desk fan. sweating on rubber coated or plastic mice is equally uncomfortable.

fps in general is competitive by nature so i'm not sure what you are trying to imply.

in general plastic mice are much easier to clean and use. the rubber coating can only be cleaned with water or other inert liquid or it becomes sticky and attracts dust like flypaper making it uncomfortable to use unles kept clean. i've never had a problem with the logitech all plastic mice i've owned in the past. the only mice which become slippery are the ones with a completely glossy finish such as a cheap $3 mitsuko mouse i once used.
!