Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can someone teach me how to open the back casing of samsung led s23a300b

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 28, 2012 7:27:42 AM

Hello,
I' am trying to repair my samsung LED monitor S23A300B for no power, unfortunately the back casing seems fixed with no screws, can someone teach how please.
a b Ô Samsung
March 28, 2012 11:44:24 AM

remember that screws might be hidden under stickers. if there are no screws and you are sure of this then perhaps the back panel snaps on.

with that said, i would hope you are experienced in electronics repair and have documentation on the model. if not then you are likely to do more harm then good.
m
l
March 29, 2012 6:19:54 AM

ssddx said:
remember that screws might be hidden under stickers. if there are no screws and you are sure of this then perhaps the back panel snaps on.

with that said, i would hope you are experienced in electronics repair and have documentation on the model. if not then you are likely to do more harm then good.

Good day to you, yes I think you may be right that the back panel is snaps on but I' am afraid that I may break the frame panel forcing it to popup with something like flat screw driver. There is no visual gaps around the panels to start with.
m
l
Related resources
a b Ô Samsung
March 29, 2012 11:43:03 AM

which is why you need to get an assembly diagram of the monitor.

if you arent sure you do risk breaking it. doing anything without the proper documentation is always a risk.
m
l

Best solution

April 13, 2012 8:11:51 PM

Perhaps the case is similar to the Samsung 226BW. I described in this post how I used a common table knife to pop open my monitor:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/63885-3-fixed-samsung...
April 14, 2012 3:04:46 AM

danted295 said:
Hello,
I' am trying to repair my samsung LED monitor S23A300B for no power, unfortunately the back casing seems fixed with no screws, can someone teach how please.
Go to a authorized samsung service center to have it fixed properly.
m
l
May 7, 2012 9:29:19 AM

Best answer selected by danted295.
m
l
May 7, 2012 9:46:21 AM

kent1234 said:
Perhaps the case is similar to the Samsung 226BW. I described in this post how I used a common table knife to pop open my monitor:

Good day Kent! and thanks for the tips of using a common table knife and it works perfectly okay, I have just opened the back panel and also fixed the problem of bad DC power jack. Thanks again.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/63885-3-fixed-samsung...

m
l
!