Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Does a wireless monitor without lag exist? (with vga/hdmi/... input)

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 28, 2012 9:37:37 AM

Hi all!

I was wondering where I could find a wireless monitor for a computer. I'd prefer one without setup software of some sort, just something that you can hook up to a VGA/HDMi/other common jacks.

I've come across the intel WiDi, but according to reviews, that one has alot of lag/requires setup/doesn't always work. :( 

My whole idea is to have a pc running somewhere in my house, and then just use a wiress mouse/keyboard/monitor to operate it. So lag on the monitor's part would be undesirable...

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

More about : wireless monitor lag exist vga hdmi input

a b F Wireless
a c 111 C Monitor
March 28, 2012 11:37:49 AM

if you want portable, buy a laptop or tablet.

realize that wireless monitors, keyboards and mice all have maximum ranges. for most keyboards and mice this is quite limited. perhaps 5-10 feet. for some of the older rf wireless not bt models the maximum i got out of a keyboard was about 40-50 feet. walls and other architectural elements can limit this even further.

all monitors lag slightly. having a wireless one just makes it more so. i cannot verify this but i believe bt devices seem to lag more than rf wireless ones. at least that is how every other device i have owned acts.
Score
March 28, 2012 1:22:29 PM

ssddx said:
if you want portable, buy a laptop or tablet.

realize that wireless monitors, keyboards and mice all have maximum ranges. for most keyboards and mice this is quite limited. perhaps 5-10 feet. for some of the older rf wireless not bt models the maximum i got out of a keyboard was about 40-50 feet. walls and other architectural elements can limit this even further.

all monitors lag slightly. having a wireless one just makes it more so. i cannot verify this but i believe bt devices seem to lag more than rf wireless ones. at least that is how every other device i have owned acts.

Hi :D 

I already have a laptop, but it's not exclusive portablity I'm looking for...

I have a desktop I'm upgrading with new hardware, and I would like to put the monitor somewhere else in the room, like on the wall or something, if this is possible. It's not meant to be that far away (like in another room), I just wondered if this technology already existed to use it wireless. (but still use it as a computerscreen with mouse and keyboard).

And what do you mean with 'bt' and 'rf'?
Score
Related resources
a b F Wireless
a c 111 C Monitor
March 28, 2012 3:35:43 PM

ideally you would just move the computer to the new location for a zero hassle solution.

if that isnt an option then the next best thing is to run cable to a hdmi wall plate, run cable under the floor/through the walls and hook the monitor up to the other hdmi wall plate. if in the same room the mouse and keyboard should be fine with the range.

bluetooth=bt
radio frequency=rf

at least i think the old ones are rf. i know for sure that they are not bluetooth.
Score

Best solution

March 28, 2012 5:24:04 PM

Since I started this topic, I have been googling myself to find some solutions. I may have found one :D  :

Review of Amimon's Wireless HDMI kit.

It appears alot of research has been done on Wireless HDMI connectivity, it started like 3 or so years ago.

As of today, most of them are lag-free, require no software, yet need some tweaking in the consistency of the connection! :D 

Hmmm, I guess my solution has very little to do with the monitor itself, so I kind of made this topic in the wrong section :( 

Oh well, I shared my solution for other people that might be interested. :ange: 

Thanks anyway.
June 16, 2013 5:40:15 AM

An internet search led me to your posting. Thank you for sharing your solution.

Sincerely,

Atmme2
Score
September 15, 2013 11:14:47 AM

I love how the OP makes it clear they want a WIRELESS monitor and everyone proceeds to tell them to make it wired.
Score
!