RECOVERY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jludolph

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Hello, i HAVE THE RECOVERY CDS FOR MY ACER LAPTOP I RUN THE SYSTEM CD AND THE 1ST RECOVERY CD ITS GETS TO 52% AND THEN ASK FOR THE 2ND CD SO I PUT THAT ONE IN AND ITS RUNS FOR A MIN THEN POPS THAT ONE OUT AND SAYS USE THE NEXT CD BUT THERE ARE NO OTHER CDS, HELP PLEASE!

jludolph

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
I will try that. I am not familiar with computer hardware, but when I received the cds they came with an instruction sheet. It said for an acer push F12 and gateway push F10. The F12 button didnt work so I used the F10 and thats when it went to the eRecovery management screen. I selected the cd/dvd recovery and pushed accept. Could there be a problem with me using the F10 button instead of F12, even though the F10 worked and the F12 didn't. The cds I purchased from acer were brand new.

Stryyder

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
If it is a newer Acer you may be able to recover without the CD's through the BIOS..

However I think this will kill anything you have not backed up. And will only work if you didn't FDISK the machine and start from scratch when you received it.

Instructions below.

Enable Acer Recovery In BIOS
As you begin to boot your Acer, tap the F2 key until you get into the BIOS setup. Next, Check to make sure the the Acer Disk-to-Disk recovery is enabled. Once you have made sure the Disk-to-Disk recovery is enabled in Main, save the changes and exxit the BIOS setup. The system will reboot.

To begin recovery using the recovery partition, press Alt+F10 at the same time as soon as you see the ACER logo appear during boot. Simply follow the onscreen instructions to complete the recovery process.

Once the computer has finished rebuilding the C: drive, your Acer computer will be back to the state it was when you first opened the box. Be sure to visit Windows update immediately to make sure your system has the latest security patches. You will also need to reload any pictures, music and movies from your backup source

Status
Not open for further replies.