Black Hole

There is a Black Hole in the local paper for $300. I called and the
lady said it is in good condition except some of it does not light up.
She said it blows a couple fuses. Is that common on the black hole. Is
that something easy to fix.

Thanks
Paul

Paul,

Assuming it's in decent shape, that's a steal for a Black Hole. That
said, if you're not experienced in electronic repair, the pin will
likley be real a nightmare project for you. System 80's are very
problematic unless proper mods have been done. Black Hole is a great
classic, but it will likely take a lot of patience to fix. Clay has a
great guide on the web for System 80's. Think of it as a classic
British car. Really fun and nostalgic, but really NOT for folks who
can't / don't work on pins.

Working or not, the machine is easily worth $300 in parts....so I don't
think you can lose :)

Ben

"easy to fix" is a relative term, but if it's complete you can't go wrong at
that price. Pretty much all of the boards and other stuff you might need is
available on eBay from time to time.

Most likely you'll be spending many frustrating hours if this is your first
pin, and System 80 machines like Black Hole can be a challenge. However
it's usually very logical, and System 80 debugging/bulletproofing has been
well documented on sites such as http://www.marvin3m.com/sys80/index.htm

You might want to read that entire manual before you decide to jump in --
but at $300 it's likely to be gone by the time you've finished reading this
reply ;-)

Good luck.

Randy

"murf88" <cmm69@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> There is a Black Hole in the local paper for $300. I called and the
> lady said it is in good condition except some of it does not light up.
> She said it blows a couple fuses. Is that common on the black hole. Is
> that something easy to fix.
>
> Thanks
> Paul

you mean you didn't picked it up already ?
you can then forget about it, it's long gone by now ;)

I called the lady to go get it and she said she was going out to
dinner. She said I can come by and pick it up tomorrow. I sure hope she
doesn't sell it on me.

TRENDING THREADS