Tech: Difference between 74ls491NS and 74ls491ANS

Last response: in Video Games
September 28, 2005 8:52:51 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Hi,

I was just wondering what the A stood for in the 74ls491ANS vs
74ls491NS. I dont deal with TTL that often and did not want to get
burned as these are used in Tron optic boards and other game related
hardware I am sure.

Mark Capps
September 28, 2005 8:52:52 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

A usually means the second version of the device. Minor improvements
that should not matter in general use. But generally, you would not
want to put a non-A part into an A design as it could just not work
right.
September 28, 2005 8:52:52 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

>From my past dealings with ACT (vs CT), ALS (vs LS), etc, the "A"
stands for Advanced. In line with the previous poster's comments.

Edward Cheung
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 9:33:56 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Hi,

Thanks for the info folks.

Mark Capps

!