Tech: Difference between 74ls491NS and 74ls491ANS

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Hi,

I was just wondering what the A stood for in the 74ls491ANS vs
74ls491NS. I dont deal with TTL that often and did not want to get
burned as these are used in Tron optic boards and other game related
hardware I am sure.

Mark Capps
3 answers Last reply
More about tech difference 74ls491ns 74ls491ans
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    A usually means the second version of the device. Minor improvements
    that should not matter in general use. But generally, you would not
    want to put a non-A part into an A design as it could just not work
    right.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    >From my past dealings with ACT (vs CT), ALS (vs LS), etc, the "A"
    stands for Advanced. In line with the previous poster's comments.

    Edward Cheung
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    Hi,

    Thanks for the info folks.

    Mark Capps

    beaver wrote:

    >>From my past dealings with ACT (vs CT), ALS (vs LS), etc, the "A"
    > stands for Advanced. In line with the previous poster's comments.
    >
    > Edward Cheung

Hardware Games Video Video Games