Centaur Plastics with new announced playfields?

unkn2232324

If Classic Playfield Reproductions CPR (great initials) have interest
in multitasking in 2006 why not get a head start and provide a plastic
set at the same time they are manufacturing playfields? I won't take
credit for this idea (Henri thanks!) but thought a post might
demonstrate interest in how many people would be interested in
purchasing. It appears that if there is even half the interest as there
was for the 2 sets produced for Fathom it would be financially viable.
I don't recall the exact amount but the last NOS Centaur plastic set
sold on ebay went for a tidy sum (Anyone remember?). If you would be
kind enough to post that you would be interested in purchasing a set
maybe Mike might give it some thought or maybe someone else?

On a related note would you purchase one of the Centaur playfields if
you had an A+ example of this game? Mine had a day one mylar that was
removed and looks terrific. I did not think it made sense but am
interested in opinions.

henri

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:26:04 -0700, G wrote:

> If Classic Playfield Reproductions CPR (great initials) have interest
> in multitasking in 2006 why not get a head start and provide a plastic
> set at the same time they are manufacturing playfields? I won't take
> credit for this idea (Henri thanks!) but thought a post might
> demonstrate interest in how many people would be interested in
> purchasing. It appears that if there is even half the interest as there
> was for the 2 sets produced for Fathom it would be financially viable.
> I don't recall the exact amount but the last NOS Centaur plastic set
> sold on ebay went for a tidy sum (Anyone remember?). If you would be
> kind enough to post that you would be interested in purchasing a set
> maybe Mike might give it some thought or maybe someone else?

just seems to make sense. i'm sure that part of the appeal of the fathom
repros was the "perfect storm" of playfield, plastics and backglass (and
now cabinet!)

pretty sure a NOS set went for the low $300s

> On a related note would you purchase one of the Centaur playfields if
> you had an A+ example of this game? Mine had a day one mylar that was
> removed and looks terrific. I did not think it made sense but am
> interested in opinions.

i wouldn't, financially it would make more sense to send it off the bill d
(or similar) to have it clearcoated. would take less work on your part
(don't have to deal with under pf wiring swap etc)

henri

"G" <gjasek@pinnacletraining.com> wrote in message
> If Classic Playfield Reproductions CPR (great initials) have interest
> in multitasking in 2006 why not get a head start and provide a plastic
> set at the same time they are manufacturing playfields?

Plastics (and backglasses for that matter) are parts we are certainly
interested in working on. There will be downtime between playfield
silkscreening where the press can be made useful. But we need to be patient
and become masters of the silkscreen press first. Once we do, look out :)

As for the initials, you should have seen the animated GIF that we were
going to use for the landing page at our web site. It was a pinball machine
being given 'CPR' by an EMT, pumping the chest (playfield) of the machine.
It was hilarious, but soooooo tacky. We yanked it before launch. :)

Kevin
CLASSIC PLAYFIELD REPRODUCTIONS

I would buy a set. I have a nice C2 PF that didn't have mylar, it's
not worn badly anywhere, but the white has faded to that murky
newsprint color. I want the new playfield so the whites "pop".

If BG's are made too I doubt they'd do C2, but I would entertain buying
a big time cab with centaur painted graphics if I had a backglass to go
with it and swap the whole machine over.

unkn2232324

Kevin:
I would love to see the animation. Post it here or on your website. I'm
sure I'm not alone. Thanks for the reply. I know there are others
interested and I will be patient.