ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have the WMP 9.0 beta installed on 3 machines, one running Win XP, one running Win 2000, and one running Win 98SE. On all 3 machines, when viewing movies in Windows Media Player 9.0, I cannot scroll through the video, like fast forward or rewind. If I try to move the play bar on the bottom, it just resets the video back to the beginning. It doesn't do this on all videos, but does on about 99% of them. If I view the same videos through Winamp, I can fast forward or rewind just fine. Anyone know a fix or setting that needs to put put in effect? Thanks.

-------------------------------------------
<font color=blue> "Trying is the first step towards failure." </font color=blue>

Snorklis

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
My first guess it has to do with the fact it is a beta... Use mplayer2.exe in the "\program files\windows media player" instead. (v6.4)

btvillarin

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
I see that you've posted in all three Windows forums. Can you delete the other two? Cross-posting is frowned upon, especially since I know a lot of people check most all the forums.

I would agree that since it is beta, you can't trust much of it right now.

Thanks,
Bryan

<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=329" target="_new"><b>My System Rig</b></A> (courtesy of <A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com" target="_new">btvillarin.com</A>)

eden

Champion
I learned it the hard way. :frown:
It froze my system very often when I used it to play music, and I could never find out if it was the culprit until someone suggested Beta progams!
If only I could revert to WMP 8 or if they would get the WMP9 out so I can upgrade it to a real version. System Restore is a far cry, as it's been over 2 months I have WMP9 and I have doubts about the success of restoring without side affected programs or settings. I am using WinAMP for now, the old version, quite easy to use.

--
*You can do anything you set your mind to man. -Eminem

nja469

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2002
Well I dunno what release you have, but I also had some irks w/ wmp9 betas until I got the Release Candidate (RC1) offered on Oct 31st, version 2926.

If you have something older, simply visit old MS and DL the RC.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Divx is not a natural thing for WMP, and more to this .avi file is done the way it in most part can't be scrolled in as u can do it in mpeg file. I do not know what is yer setup, but in my case there is nothing wrong with scrolling in and out even it is playing out of CD on w2k and XP(yak).

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

TRENDING THREADS