Mmmm- "Frankenpin"!

Actually looks like a kit to convert a game. Several of these were produced
in late 1970's/early 1980's for several Bally pins.

IPDB claims the "Magic Picture" pin kit was produced by Germany-based Arkon
Automaten- not Bell Games (or were they one in the same?) So anyone's call
there, I guess (IPDB isn't always correct). IPDB also claims Arkon made the
"Sexy Girl" conversion for some earlier Bally pins. As I recall, Sexy Girl
(dedicated game?) had the projection unit in the cabinet that would flash
pics of chicks on a screen/lens through the center of playfield.

From the pics, it almost looks like there's a similar sort of device in this
playfield- projector maybe- or mechanized unit- hence the "magic picture"
title- most likely.

But alas, no "internal" pics of the game... hmmm...

Cabinet artwork is absolutely bizarre- a mystery. I wonder if the kit
included cabinet decals to change the art, or if this was some re-paint by
someone with leftover Flash stencils. Truly bizarre. Definitely doesn't
blend at all well with the rest of the game's art.

Better art than Silverball Mania? Hope Kevin O'Connor isn't around to hear
that. I think SM had some of the most cutting-edge artwork of the day on
that game- classic. Hard if not impossible to top. But ah, opinion.

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"nomad" <damonoresky@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Pf looks to be a Silverball Mania as he says but that cabinet is a
> Flash that's painted different colors from what I recall. I think the
> game looks pretty ugly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAGIC-PICTURE-PIN-pinball-machine-SUPER-RARE-WOW_W0QQite
mZ6210668488

Ray Johnson - Action Pinball wrote:

> Mmmm- "Frankenpin"!
>
> Actually looks like a kit to convert a game. Several of these were produced
> in late 1970's/early 1980's for several Bally pins.
>
> IPDB claims the "Magic Picture" pin kit was produced by Germany-based Arkon
> Automaten- not Bell Games (or were they one in the same?) So anyone's call
> there, I guess (IPDB isn't always correct). IPDB also claims Arkon made the
> "Sexy Girl" conversion for some earlier Bally pins. As I recall, Sexy Girl
> (dedicated game?) had the projection unit in the cabinet that would flash
> pics of chicks on a screen/lens through the center of playfield.

Yep, this is the same thing just with different "less sexy" pictures.
The "Sexy Girl" pin was meant to be a conversion for Bally's Playboy I
believe, I'm not sure what this was intended as a conversion for. I've
got a copy of the flyer and they do mention "Sexy Girl" in the flyer, so
I'm guessing that this kit either came after or was offered at the same
time as a more "family oriented" option.

> Cabinet artwork is absolutely bizarre- a mystery. I wonder if the kit
> included cabinet decals to change the art, or if this was some re-paint by
> someone with leftover Flash stencils. Truly bizarre. Definitely doesn't
> blend at all well with the rest of the game's art.

The flyer pictures a generic black cabinet with spidering all around it,
certainly no graphics or anything distinct. I'm guessing that the decals
were never applied to the one up for auction. FWIW, the one up for
auction does not have the correct bumper caps for the lower three
bumpers and if I was going to bid on it, I'd certainly also want to
check about the projection unit.

> Better art than Silverball Mania? Hope Kevin O'Connor isn't around to hear
> that. I think SM had some of the most cutting-edge artwork of the day on
> that game- classic. Hard if not impossible to top.

Absolutely. But then, I'm a big O'Connor fan too.

Sergio

I caught that too about the pf haveing something in the middle. the make
sense to me Ray. The does look like flash art all the way but on a Baly cab.
that is a bizare pn.
i like the pf art. Kinda reminds me of Sorceror.
Timathie cargpb15

TRENDING THREADS