Last response: in Windows XP
November 24, 2002 9:35:36 PM

hELP!!!
specs:
OS- Windows XP home edition.
CPU- AMD Athlon XP 1600+.
Video- Xtasy Geforce 3 Ti200.
Audio- SB Audigy mp3+.
MotherBoard- SY-K7V DRAGON Plus! AMD Socket base Via KT266A ATX motherboard.
Devices- 1. AcER CDRW 24x10x40 2.DVD-ROM 3.SCR drive 4. Floppy drive 5.CS2000 HiFi ROM SRS BBE.
Mouse- Logitech optical mouse.
Keyboard- Generic Keyboard
Hard drive- Wester Digital, about 40gb (not sure about the specs).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ok, i just installed Windows XP home ed. on the comp(no problems during install) and EVERY single time i turn on the computer it freezes, it does NOT give any error messages, it just freezes from, 30 seconds(during boot) to 8 minutes. I have no idea why this happens but it happens every single time =( the only thing i've installed is the Sound Card drivers, and set up internet for braodband ...
Also i should say that there is a Cable modem installed to the onboard Lan port and works fine. Can anyone plz help me out THANKS !!! this is so frustrating >=O
November 25, 2002 2:56:43 AM

I've heard of people having problems with the Audigy cards. Try uninstalling it, taking it out, and then rebooting.

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.
November 25, 2002 8:59:08 PM

Ok, i'll try that, but i'm skeptical .. the computer worked fine with the same sound card before. I don't recieve any errors messages it just freezes everytime there was not one time that it did not freeze =( could it be that the power is undersized?
November 25, 2002 11:05:39 PM

You might want to check your PCI for IRQ sharing. Might have conflicts since some PCI cards cannot share IRQ...
!