fresh XP Home Ed. freezes every time

hELP!!!
specs:
OS- Windows XP home edition.
CPU- AMD Athlon XP 1600+.
Video- Xtasy Geforce 3 Ti200.
Audio- SB Audigy mp3+.
MotherBoard- SY-K7V DRAGON Plus! AMD Socket base Via KT266A ATX motherboard.
Devices- 1. AcER CDRW 24x10x40 2.DVD-ROM 3.SCR drive 4. Floppy drive 5.CS2000 HiFi ROM SRS BBE.
Mouse- Logitech optical mouse.
Keyboard- Generic Keyboard
Hard drive- Wester Digital, about 40gb (not sure about the specs).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ok, i just installed Windows XP home ed. on the comp(no problems during install) and EVERY single time i turn on the computer it freezes, it does NOT give any error messages, it just freezes from, 30 seconds(during boot) to 8 minutes. I have no idea why this happens but it happens every single time =( the only thing i've installed is the Sound Card drivers, and set up internet for braodband ...
Also i should say that there is a Cable modem installed to the onboard Lan port and works fine. Can anyone plz help me out THANKS !!! this is so frustrating >=O
3 answers Last reply
More about fresh home freezes time
  1. I've heard of people having problems with the Audigy cards. Try uninstalling it, taking it out, and then rebooting.

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.
  2. Ok, i'll try that, but i'm skeptical .. the computer worked fine with the same sound card before. I don't recieve any errors messages it just freezes everytime there was not one time that it did not freeze =( could it be that the power is undersized?
  3. You might want to check your PCI for IRQ sharing. Might have conflicts since some PCI cards cannot share IRQ...
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows XP