Fish Tales Plastics - Original vs Repro

I heard that the repro plastics sets (sold by MAD and others) are very
good. My question is . . . Are they as good as the original plastics?
If not, Why? What are the differences? Color? Thickness? Thanks for
any feedback on this.

The big hush hush secret that is about to become crystal clear is that
repro is going to almost always be better than NOS

NOS could very well become known as "NEW OLD SH--"

because the new stuff is just going to be so much nicer

for all you NOS hoarders, SELL NOW while there is still a little bit of
time left

IMHO

Gary/Arizona

got some from Pinball Universe and liked them better than the
originals. a lot brighter color to them.

stevebo

On 28 Sep 2005 16:20:41 -0700, "cpiel" <cpiel@verizon.net> wrote:

>I heard that the repro plastics sets (sold by MAD and others) are very
>good. My question is . . . Are they as good as the original plastics?
>If not, Why? What are the differences? Color? Thickness? Thanks for
>any feedback on this.

Great information Steve, thanks. It turns out that the set that MAD
sells is the same one that Pinball Universe sells.

I don't think they're using PET-G, so the plastics are probably about
as brittle as the originals. I haven't looked closely at the
screening on the Fish Tales ones, but the other ones PU have made have
a paper backing that you need to peel off. On some of them I have had
the screened artwork come off with the paper. I would advise taking
that backing off ASAP before it ages to make sure you don't get hosed
down the road.