Tech:Xenon sound problem

Finally revived an old Xenon - everything now works except the sounds/voice.
No hum, absolutely silent. After doing an r.g.p. search
on Xenon sound problems, I replaced the 3 diodes, CR1, CR2, & CR3 on the
Vocalizer Board. The old ones were fried/cracked. That
didn't solve the problem. A local tech told me to also replace the
associated LM7805 voltage regulator (Vocalizer Board).
I did that, but still no sound. The test button on the board gives no
sounds, either. Speaker(s) wiring & connections seem OK. I am using
a new Alltech MPU, and all other game functions seem to be working fine.
Anyone have any suggestions about what I should try next?

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

You should buy this "Sounds Plus" 2518-56 that I have sitting on my
work bench w/ the correct Roms in it ( ribbon cable included )
$ 35.00 plus $ 8.00 shipping.

Pin-Del, =)
Aux Lamp driver 25-18-52, $ 25,00 extra.

Hows that for a Sales Pitch ? =)

"Maurie Conner" <maurie.conner@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Finally revived an old Xenon - everything now works except the
> sounds/voice. No hum, absolutely silent. After doing an r.g.p. search
> on Xenon sound problems, I replaced the 3 diodes, CR1, CR2, & CR3 on the
> Vocalizer Board. The old ones were fried/cracked. That
> didn't solve the problem. A local tech told me to also replace the
> associated LM7805 voltage regulator (Vocalizer Board).
> I did that, but still no sound. The test button on the board gives no
> sounds, either. Speaker(s) wiring & connections seem OK. I am using
> a new Alltech MPU, and all other game functions seem to be working fine.
> Anyone have any suggestions about what I should try next?

Have you tested voltages at all the test points of the sound board? Could
also be a bad solder joint at a header connection. You might want to re-flow
the solder joints if you haven't yet. Have you checked continuity of the
speaker wires with and ohm meter? Good luck. John