SP2 & MN-500 Compatibility

Last response: in Networking
Share
October 10, 2004 6:52:44 PM

How does one resolved the SP2 & MN-500 compatibility
issues. I'm running a separate firewall.

More about : sp2 500 compatibility

October 10, 2004 10:58:44 PM

Uninstall the BNU or upgrade it. I strongly recommend uninstall the BNU
on all Windows XP computers. I have answered this question before
several hundred times.

Next time search the newsgroup before asking a question that has been
asked several hundred times in the last month.

My signature will give you directions on doing the search.

Todd wrote:

> How does one resolved the SP2 & MN-500 compatibility
> issues. I'm running a separate firewall.

assistance.

time.
Anonymous
October 11, 2004 10:21:50 PM

Joker wrote:
> Uninstall the BNU or upgrade it. I strongly recommend uninstall the BNU
> on all Windows XP computers. I have answered this question before
> several hundred times.
>
> Next time search the newsgroup before asking a question that has been
> asked several hundred times in the last month.
>
> My signature will give you directions on doing the search.
>
> Todd wrote:
>
>> How does one resolved the SP2 & MN-500 compatibility issues. I'm
>> running a separate firewall.

Whats BNU? ANd how do you install SP2, Ive been to website half a dozen
times and it wont start downloading all it does is send me from one link
to another, I see nothing that says....Download Here______
walt
Related resources
October 12, 2004 12:43:20 PM

The BNU is the Broadband Network Utility. Service Pack 2 for windows XP
can be downloaded from the windows update site.

ElKabong wrote:

> Whats BNU? ANd how do you install SP2, Ive been to website half a dozen
> times and it wont start downloading all it does is send me from one link
> to another, I see nothing that says....Download Here______
> walt

assistance.

time.
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 8:37:06 AM

After installing SP2 on my XP, my MS Wireless still worked
but I kept getting a window that stated it had a
compatibity issue with this version of Windows and
referred me to the MS Wireless Website:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/BroadbandNetworking/A...
pdate2/CheckUpdates.asp There you need to download and
install the update containing the Broadband Network
Utility, USB Adapter MN-510 Drive, Base Station MN-500
Bootware, and the Base Station MN-500 Runtime
Firmware......Use "Open" rather than "Save" when prompted
in the File Download. You have a problem getting the
Network Utility to update properly like me......my icon on
my Taskbar disappeared and I couldn't bring it up in the
Start menu. So, I had to then download the MS Broadband
Setup software from the MS Broadband Website.....couldn't
use my CD because my computer had a later version
installed. I installed the software as if I were
installing a USB Adapter for the first time. Now my
wireless network works perfect with XP Pro SP2. "Where
there's a will, there's way"! Tom

!