SP2 & MN-500 Compatibility

How does one resolved the SP2 & MN-500 compatibility
issues. I'm running a separate firewall.
4 answers Last reply
More about compatibility

    Uninstall the BNU or upgrade it. I strongly recommend uninstall the BNU
    on all Windows XP computers. I have answered this question before
    several hundred times.

    Next time search the newsgroup before asking a question that has been
    asked several hundred times in the last month.

    My signature will give you directions on doing the search.

    Todd wrote:

    > How does one resolved the SP2 & MN-500 compatibility
    > issues. I'm running a separate firewall.

    assistance.

    time.

    Joker wrote:
    > Uninstall the BNU or upgrade it. I strongly recommend uninstall the BNU
    > on all Windows XP computers. I have answered this question before
    > several hundred times.
    >
    > Next time search the newsgroup before asking a question that has been
    > asked several hundred times in the last month.
    >
    > My signature will give you directions on doing the search.
    >
    > Todd wrote:
    >
    >> How does one resolved the SP2 & MN-500 compatibility issues. I'm
    >> running a separate firewall.

    Whats BNU? ANd how do you install SP2, Ive been to website half a dozen
    times and it wont start downloading all it does is send me from one link
    to another, I see nothing that says....Download Here______
    walt

    The BNU is the Broadband Network Utility. Service Pack 2 for windows XP
    can be downloaded from the windows update site.

    ElKabong wrote:

    > Whats BNU? ANd how do you install SP2, Ive been to website half a dozen
    > times and it wont start downloading all it does is send me from one link
    > to another, I see nothing that says....Download Here______
    > walt

    assistance.

    time.

    After installing SP2 on my XP, my MS Wireless still worked
    but I kept getting a window that stated it had a
    compatibity issue with this version of Windows and
    referred me to the MS Wireless Website:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/BroadbandNetworking/AutoU
    pdate2/CheckUpdates.asp There you need to download and
    install the update containing the Broadband Network
    Utility, USB Adapter MN-510 Drive, Base Station MN-500
    Bootware, and the Base Station MN-500 Runtime
    Firmware......Use "Open" rather than "Save" when prompted
    in the File Download. You have a problem getting the
    Network Utility to update properly like me......my icon on
    my Taskbar disappeared and I couldn't bring it up in the
    Start menu. So, I had to then download the MS Broadband
    Setup software from the MS Broadband Website.....couldn't
    use my CD because my computer had a later version
    installed. I installed the software as if I were
    installing a USB Adapter for the first time. Now my
    wireless network works perfect with XP Pro SP2. "Where
    there's a will, there's way"! Tom

Routers Hardware Firewalls Compatibility Microsoft Networking