Internet Browsing

Hector45

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Hey guys I'm at my wits end here, I cannot seem to find what my problem is with certain websites.

Here's the deal, for the most part my browsing is fast, but with certain websites that I frequent alot specifically bank of america, hotmail, and gmail. These websites load painfully slow and I cannot find the reason. The broswer I use is IE9.

I have tried all of the following:

Using Firefox, same problems
reinstalling IE9
adding sites to the trusted list
disabling addons

None have fixed the problem. These sites load fast and flawlessly on my 8 year old laptop running XP.

I'm running a new machine I put together myself about a month ago, OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Intel i5 3570k
Asus P8Z77-V
Corsair 8GBs @1866
Samsung 120 GB SSD 830 Series
Western Digital 500GB SATA
EVGA GTX660 SC
Antec 750W

Please somebody help me!

I have had some success with adding tracking protection.
www.abine.com/tpl
It has worked particularly well with Tom's.
A web site with a lot of tracking ads will try to send info about your browsing to their data collection sites.
Stopping that seems to eliminate some slow web traffic.

Hector45

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Tired your suggestion to to avail, it seems to be isolated to secure website. Example i just tried to pay a different bill online, and after logging in and clicking on "make payment" it just loaded and loaded but never brought up the screen. Hopped on the XP laptop, had it paid in 2 minutes. This is extremely frustrating, how is it that my brand new computer cannot browse secured websites without taking a decade to load.

TRENDING THREADS