Recovery tool not working

vishalkotwar

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
I installed windows 8 in my laptop with an initial backup of windows 7 in a partition of my hard disk.

Now when I use recovery button in my laptop(ideapad Y560) it says it is not compitable with the win8.
and can not run.

when I check troubleshoot compatibility of driver the "compatibility thing" is not working.
please tell me how can i recover windows 7 from my initial backup.
should I re install windows 7 from another CD and than run recovery.If i install win 7 will my recovery partition delete or stay unharmed.
A solution to my problem will really be appreciated.

Thanks.

vishalkotwar

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
I did able to boot in recovery mode when i use windows 7.I got a button to direct boot in recovery mode on startup.Now when I press that button windows 8 boots.and I do
have a desktop shortcut for recovery option but it says it is not compitable.

how can i boot in recovery mode please tell me.

vishalkotwar

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
yes i have an initial backup in a recovery partition.
Can u tell me that will my recovery work in win7 which i am going to install.
will the recovery tool automatically locate the recovery partition of my hard dis.

yes you already told us that but what i was trying to find out if it was the only way to get into recovery. when starting up the laptop it should say to press a sertian key to get into bios and a certian key to boot into recovery. do you see anything like this. you should see this when you first start the computer. (before the "starting windows" screen)

vishalkotwar

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012

I get F2 for boot menu(BIOS (i think)) amd F12 for menu of somekind and i dont get any kind of option to boot in recovery mode neither now nor earlier in win7. Earlier in win7 the only way to boot in recovery mode is by the button to be pressed when laptop is shutdown.
I tried every way i can think of to boot in to recovery mode,is there any command promt way to boot in to recovrey mode.
or any way that i can copy that partition to my external hard disk.
and than able to run with any other app.

vishalkotwar

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012

my laptop says "press F2 to boot menu and F12 for (some kind of menu)" it do not promot to boot in to recovery mode from bios or boot menu neither in win8 nor in win7. The only way to boot in recovery menu is by pressing the button (recovery(one key recovery actually)) when system is shutdown,I teried all the ways i can think of to boot in recovery mode, is there any other way to boot in recovery mode via command prompt,or is there any way to copy recovery partition to an exterrnal hard disk and then able to boot from that.

looks like the only other way to get to it would be from a set of recovery disks. all laptops now include a program that will allow you to create a recovery disks but since you removed windows 7 from your system that option is no longer availible unless you did make the disks when you got the laptop. if not you will have to contact lenovo for a set of disks