Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help to choose one

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
October 31, 2010 12:25:45 PM

hi i am from india please help me to choose one laptop. my requirements are gaming medium level so that i can play games like gta 4 and medal of honor and igi ...... can play hd movies ....... and just simple requirements. i have to laptops in my mind.

1. Lenovo Y560 59-055616 ''Core™ i7-740M Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium ( 64 Bits) Black / HDMI / Camera 1.3M / Bluetooth 2.1 / Card Reader / Rambo Tray in 12.7mm/4G DDR3 1066MHz /500G 9.5mm 5400rpm /1GB Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 / 15.6 HD LED Glare"price $1200.

2. HP Pavilion dv6-3050tx : "Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Processor 1.6 GHz/640 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5400 rpm/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 Graphics with 1 GB dedicated/4GB DDR3 " Price $1300.


if u have another option that is available in india please suggest........


More about : choose

a c 244 D Laptop
October 31, 2010 3:59:50 PM

Hello
The Lenovo model has a slightly faster CPU, and a more powerful VGA,so go for it.
However,having an i7 Quad core CPU in a 15" chasis will cause overheating problems so its better to go with i3/i5 versions of it if you can find them in India.
November 2, 2010 4:42:21 PM

Maziar said:
Hello
The Lenovo model has a slightly faster CPU, and a more powerful VGA,so go for it.
However,having an i7 Quad core CPU in a 15" chasis will cause overheating problems so its better to go with i3/i5 versions of it if you can find them in India.

thanks sir i was looking for i7 to get best so that i can keep the laptop for 2/3 years .
Sir i saw lenovo and found problem with its screen glare . . U cant see any thing in outdoors and sun light etc. There i saw DELL XPS 15 with i7-740QM, 4GB 1333MhzDDP3 SDRAM, 15.6 FHD 1920*1080 B+RGLED Display, blu-ray BD-ROM , 2GB NVIDIA Geforce GT 435M Graphics.. Is it good please check and tell me i will wait for ur reply. Thanks
Related resources
a c 244 D Laptop
November 2, 2010 8:44:33 PM

XPS 15 is also a great choice and has a great price,if you are OK with the amount of heat it produces,then go for it.
November 4, 2010 7:14:08 AM

Maziar said:
XPS 15 is also a great choice and has a great price,if you are OK with the amount of heat it produces,then go for it.



sir can u tell me the difference between i5-450m and i7-720QM . as u were saying i7 will heat up in 15" chassis so will i5-450m will be the right choice with aspect of 3years . now u have to decide it for me there are three hp dv6 laptop

(1). Dv6 3049tx (2). Dv6 3050tx (3) Dv6 3053tx link:-


decide one for me ..... i will wait for your reply ...... thanks.
a c 244 D Laptop
November 4, 2010 11:49:05 AM

i5 540M runs at 2.4GHz whereas i7 720QM runs at 1.7GHz so in daily tasks(and most games),i5 is faster because of having a faster clock speed.
i7 720QM is faster in multi-threaded apps such as Image/Video editing and encoding.
November 5, 2010 12:15:51 PM

Maziar said:
i5 540M runs at 2.4GHz whereas i7 720QM runs at 1.7GHz so in daily tasks(and most games),i5 is faster because of having a faster clock speed.
i7 720QM is faster in multi-threaded apps such as Image/Video editing and encoding.




sir my last question which one u should have purchased if u were on my place ........

1. hp pavillion Dv 6 3049tx i5-450m,ati 5650 , 15.6"

2. hp pavillion Dv 6 3050tx i7-720QM,ati 5650 ,15.6"

3. hp pavillion Dv 6 3053tx i5-450m,ati 5650 ,15.6"

4. sony vaio VPCEA36FG/G i5-560M,ati 5650 , 14"


a c 244 D Laptop
November 5, 2010 4:14:34 PM

If the heat isn't a concern,go with the second one;otherwise, go with either 1 or 3(they have the same specs)
November 8, 2010 12:17:52 PM

Maziar said:
If the heat isn't a concern,go with the second one;otherwise, go with either 1 or 3(they have the same specs)



what if the third one has only 3 gb ram ,expencive and is touch screen.
a c 244 D Laptop
November 8, 2010 12:58:55 PM

It doesn't matter,you can upgrade the RAM later on.
!