Sign in with
Your question
Solved

No monitor signal?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 2, 2012 2:28:28 PM

I recently put together a pc with a 2Am-vm asus mobo and an Athlon 64 X2 cpu then went out and got a 23" acer flat panel for a display when I connected everything and fired up the power I was getting a no signal from the monitor. Any ideas on this? Jumper, BIOS or motherboard?

More about : monitor signal

a c 107 C Monitor
April 2, 2012 9:33:36 PM

What exactly happens after you turn on the power? Fans spin up, any beeps? Could be anything from bad connections when you put it together, to a faulty hardware part. Double check your power connections, make sure nothing is shorted out (metal part going from motherboard to case for example).
m
l
April 3, 2012 12:29:39 AM

hang-the-9 said:
What exactly happens after you turn on the power? Fans spin up, any beeps? Could be anything from bad connections when you put it together, to a faulty hardware part. Double check your power connections, make sure nothing is shorted out (metal part going from motherboard to case for example).

Fans spin up and all that, I was just going to install Windows on it when this happened. I bought a Thermaltake 750w PS so thats brand new (everything is brand new except the mobo and cpu which has been in its box since I got it 6 years ago lol) and I did check the connections, everything seemed ok. I wonder if maybe there is a short somewhere? I almost wanted to get a more updated platform just to avoid any kind of issues. I did connect my old CRT monitor to the vga port and got the same thing, no response.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 107 C Monitor
April 3, 2012 2:05:50 PM

Try different RAM combinations, different sticks, different slots. You could also try to do a BIOS reset (jumper or pull the battery for 10-15 seconds with no wall power).
April 3, 2012 2:31:37 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Try different RAM combinations, different sticks, different slots. You could also try to do a BIOS reset (jumper or pull the battery for 10-15 seconds with no wall power).

Ok, I'll give those a shot and see what happens. I did get 2 sticks of 2 gig each for RAM, maybe I can try it with one and see what happens along with a different slot.
m
l
April 4, 2012 5:47:12 PM

After trying a few things I have to consider the mobo dead. I just couldnt seem to get any thing to work. Just going to buy a new one. Thanks for the help!
m
l
April 4, 2012 5:47:34 PM

Best answer selected by wolfsbane6.
m
l
!