Sign in with
Your question

Freezing

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
December 30, 2012 3:30:52 PM

Hello,
i'm having recurring problems with PC freezing. I originally though it was when the PC went into stand-by, but turned that off and issue continued. Ctrl+Alt+del : get error message saying task manager not able to open, turn off using power switch. As nothing responds that is what I do.

Checked anti-virus, and have run various scans, no problems reported. I have tried using different web browsers and the problem even occurred even when no browser open. Music continued playing until end of track. Have updated drivers, no overheating problems, PC 1 year old; MB: ASRock H67DE3; CPU: intel i5 2500; 8Go RAM; Windows 7 64-bits; ssd 64 Go (14.5 Go free); 1 To SATA 6Gb/s hard drive (840 Go free). Had no orblems until this last month. What proceedure can I take? Thanks!

More about : freezing

a b $ Windows 7
December 30, 2012 3:41:32 PM

Hi :) 

Run a hard drive test in DOS...HIRENS CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive...

All the best Brett :) 
December 30, 2012 4:06:59 PM

Brett928S2 said:

Run a hard drive test in DOS...HIRENS CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive...

Hi Brett, thanks for the advice, I'll try and find that to download and run it, I'm not an expert in IT, is it "straightforward" and risk free? I don't want to mess anything up.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 30, 2012 4:29:33 PM

carey000 said:
Hi Brett, thanks for the advice, I'll try and find that to download and run it, I'm not an expert in IT, is it "straightforward" and risk free? I don't want to mess anything up.

No risk, download it write it to cd then BOOT from cd...

January 1, 2013 11:45:54 AM

Well I ran a few hard drive scans but everything seems to be fine.
!