5 reason's apple will never beat the pc

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
1. TOO much $$$ it upgrade them
2. the g4 is fast but the athlon beats the hell out of it.
3. steve jobs won't share want all the $$$ to himself
4. games suck on MAC 1 button save me.(my mouse has 5 buttons)
5. ------- WHAT PISS ME OF THE MOST------
APPLE THOSE BASTARDS KNOW THE G4 IS STUCK OUT 550 I KNOW. -----IBM HAS 1GHz G3'S---. APPLE WONT USE THEM CAUSE THE G4 IS THERE FLAGSHIP PROCESSOR. IF THEY RELEASE 1GHz IBM G3'S(THERE CHEAPER TO MAKE THAN G4) THAT WOULD PUT APPLE BACK IN THE GAME BUT GREEDY STEVE JOB'S WOUT USE THEM CAUSE THE G4 WOULD LOOK SLOW(AND COULDNT SALE $2500).

THATS WHY MAC'S WILL NEVER WIN CAUSE MR. JOBS WALLET IS TO BIG.

G

Duh.
I use both Mac and PCs. I currently have 1 desktop Athlon 700, 1 portable PIII 500, 1 portable G3 400, 1 desktop G4 400.
So what?
1) what do you want to upgrade?
2)Well, the G4 _smokes_ the Athlon running RC5 (3.4 Mk/s vs 2.1). It smokes the Athlon running photoshop too.
3)Duh. no comment.
4) You can use microsoft/logitech whatever USB mouse you want.
5) Mhz isn't enough. 500Mhz G4 is probably as fast as 1.2Ghz athlon at everything, so who cares?
And Mac are cheap, man. Compare what a 1K$ iMac gives you with a 1K$ PC: good hardware, easy configuration, no crash...
And MacOS X is incredible.

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I will probably never have a Apple system; while it would be neat to play around with it, they are too expensive (for a second system), and I always need money to upgrade my always-obsolete PC.
That said, I think Apples should have way greater market share then they do right now. Not the guys reading this forum, probably. But I would recommend them to a newbie who just wants to go on the 'net and do some documents and maybe his taxes etc.
Plus, consider this:
I've seen the commercial for the Cube, and went WOW... looks like the scenes from Terminator 2 -- molten metal, the mouse sleekly shaped, all in platinum.
And all the sudden, the iMac, which was all the rage and copied by the design by PC manufacturers (and even other electronics, like ovens and cofee-makers), seems outdated. PASSE! Last season's model.
For better or for worse, Apple brought Fashion to the computer industry:)
Apple probably won't ever beat the PC industry. But (and I'm a die-hard PC fan), maybe, just maybe, it should have:)

G

You don't need to keep Apples mouse. It can be replaces.

The Mac OS is far more stable. OS 10 is very powerful.

G4 Tower with twin 500 MHz G4s. Fastest computer available. Even faster once OS 10 is available.

G

i too(are some of the lucky one to) have both OS, WINTEL PC, and APPLE MAC.

to say who is faster and what, I say G4 no doubt. with a RISC architecture, it's just much better doing multitasking than CISC, PERIOD. don't even think of trying to compare CLOCK for CLock performance of the G4.

why all the money, well, it's a quality product. You get what you pay for.(same question to "WHY buy CORSAIR or Crucial RAM when generic is so much cheaper" cause it better quality, performs better and OC better, STABLity)

If you look at an iMac, it's actually not that expensive, and do really kick ass too. CANt wait to see the new G4 600MP, damn that will surelly surelly do some KICKing. and the New OS X well, many promising technology advancess, and with Apple reputation I'm betting it will all come true.

G

I can see this upsets you .....
but don't worry I'm sure they will change tunes soon with a little push from the devil hinself....Bill..

M

one of the first UK T-Bird users....

G

hehehe seems like ppl would occasionally give poor old apple a little bit of slap once in a while with all that Intel thing going on...

"the g4 is fast but the athlon beats the hell out of it"
yeah sure Athlon beats the hell out of a lot of things (even was shown to be fairly close to a 600Mhz Alpha or something), but it's difficult to compare coz we don't even seems to know what and why to compare? and saying G4 is faster in photoshop is like saying P4 is faster in Q3....neeeeat :)

HEY! you DON'T buy a mac to play GAMES!!! you buy mac to look slightly more stylish, run Adobe and.....???????

Eventhough most mac fans spit on the idea of an X86 compatible MAC OS X, I do think that's the way to go...especially the X86-64 coz this might be a chance for Apple to make quite a profit on the OS alone by biting into windoze's market share and competition is always good (you don't suppose Apple can sustain that self-satisfied small market monopoly for the years to come, right?).

Hey...Apple might never beat the PC, but at least there's a chance they MIGHT beat Wintel duopoly :p

G

i cant wait for the g4e it will be like the palimo (athlon) compared to the slota athlon. it will feature a deeper pipeline (clockspeeds baby)and will have on die cache with up to 2 meg of level 3 cache. they will be small enough to have 4 processors using a unified level 3 cache.
couble datarate memory. some sweet [-peep-].
the new radien2 will be released for the mac and so will the mobile radeon for the powerbook.
and the coloured plastic to top it off
MAC RULES BABY

p.s i have a o/ced 900 duron

G

macs rule for people who don't have insecurities about their penis size.