Sign in with
Your question

Looking to replace laptop

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
November 2, 2010 1:47:22 AM

Not too long ago I had a laptop stolen from my house, and I'm just now trying to find a suitable replacement for it.

1. What is your budget?
I am looking for something in the $500-$700 range if possible.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
This isn't something I'm particularly concerned about, though it fits in with number 3. For general use, I'd prefer a higher resolution for the actual screen size.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
See above. Preferably nothing below 1440x900.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable laptop. Desktop is pretty sufficient as is :) 

5. How much battery life do you need?
At least 5 hours general use would be nice.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop?
I'd like to be able to run StarCraft II on at least medium settings. Other than that, I'd occasionally play Counter-Strike Source, but not much else.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop?
I'll watch movies occasionally, but mostly just general things. I'm in University right now, so it will be mainly used for that.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
320GB would be fine. My desktop has nearly 10TB, so most things are stored on that.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
http://www.newegg.ca (not .com!)
http://www.ncix.com
or Best Buy.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD drive, don't need write.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Not a large concern. As long as it's proven to be a reliable brand, and service/warranty doesn't suck :) 

13. What country do you live in?
Canada

Cheers!

More about : replace laptop

a c 244 D Laptop
November 2, 2010 9:09:52 AM

Welcome to the forums!
Unfortunately,your budget is a little low for a laptop that's capable of running SC2 fine on medium settings,so you have to raise your budget.(to something like $900-$950)
November 2, 2010 1:53:34 PM

Kind of expected as much :p  So if I go for a budget of around $900, what options would there be?
!