Can 2 PCs with same IP connect to zone?

I've got a small LAN in my house with 4 machines on it, I'd like to have 2
people on 2 machines connect to a game on the zone simultaneously, but it
gets all freaky when I try ... it sometimes lets us both join a game, but
then he doesn't show up on my list of people waiting to play, and I don't
show up on his ... and only one of us is allowed to chat, the other one's
chats don't show up at all ...

I'm guessing it's because we're sharing an Internet connection, so from the
outside world's point of view, we have the same IP address?

Thanks!
Chris

Chris Shearer Cooper wrote:
> I've got a small LAN in my house with 4 machines on it, I'd like to have 2
> people on 2 machines connect to a game on the zone simultaneously, but it
> gets all freaky when I try ... it sometimes lets us both join a game, but
> then he doesn't show up on my list of people waiting to play, and I don't
> show up on his ... and only one of us is allowed to chat, the other one's
> chats don't show up at all ...
>
> I'm guessing it's because we're sharing an Internet connection, so from the
> outside world's point of view, we have the same IP address?
>
> Thanks!
> Chris

Look here for some ideas:

http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#2IPS

--
+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address from "invalid" to
"com" if you want to email me.

with the router it should not matter.. try setting your router to gatway in
stead of Router they will conect to the internet the same on every machine..
it uses 100% of your bandwidth on your router and gives it a work out but if
its a good router it should not matter.. cheers