Install a 32-bit Windows 7 OS to a 64-bit Laptop

irf_javed

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
I need any solution to resolve the issue if possible please guide me I want to install 32 bit window 7 in my 64 bit laptop due to one software is not working in 64 bit operating system.

Some software will work in 32 bit, but not in 64 bit.
16 bit dos programs like civ 2.42 for example.

Civ 2 is my favorite game for travelling, so I installed windows 7 32 bit just like you want to.
You need to borrow a windows 7 32 bit dvd to do the job; they are all the same. I used a dvd from a upgrade package.

You will have no problems with using the activation code that came with the laptop.
The windows license is not sensiitive to 32 or 64 bit.

Have you checked to see if there is an updated 64bit version of the software you are wanting to use because there are great benefits to being able to utilize the 64bit kernal.

pauls3743

Distinguished

This is something to double check on. Retail licences are ok for both 32 and 64 bit. But I believe that most, but not all, OEM licences are sensitive to the architecture they can be activated on. And it's normally OEM licences that are distributed with laptops.

I have not had any problem with this on two laptops.

*Tell us the PROGRAM first and we'll see if we can resolve that situation.

It's POINTLESS to reinstall Windows 7 32-bit if we don't even know if that will solve your issue. It's a big hassle and I doubt it will anyway.

And often this is just an installer issue. If the program has a 16 bit installer, but would otherwise work, its useless because you can install the thing to run it.

Don't see any reason why he cant dual boot 32 and 64, but thats a lot of effort for one program.