Please assist with PhD research

Hello,
My sister is a doctoral candidate in the Experimental Psychology
Program at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. She is currently
investigating whether people's recreational activities and recreational
gambling activities are both motivated by the same reasons. We would be
really grateful for your help with her dissertation data collection.
The survey is completely anonymous, hosted on a secure site, and will
take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete. If you are interested in
beginning the survey, please take the time to finish it : ) Thank you
so much for your consideration.
https://www.psychdata.com/surveys.asp?SID=7062
PhDSister1
9 answers Last reply
More about please assist research

    LOL! Right...

    Fred
    TX
    CARGPB#8
    =========================

    PhDSist...@aol.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    > My sister is a doctoral candidate in the Experimental Psychology
    > Program at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.

    Will she be looking for a job with Don Trump or Steve Wynn? :-)

    Dan

    hey it didn't take that long. maybe it was a little OT for this group,
    but they are looking for people that are into recreation. If anyone
    else goes to take it, put "playing pinball" under "other" for your
    favorite recreational activity - maybe they'll put it as an actual
    category next time!

    I agree, it did not take very long at all. Of course, I am not much of
    a gambler, so a lot of questions were pretty quick for me to answer.
    The site does contain information on the principals conducting the
    research and the general nature of the research. I did not have to
    have any survey data when I did my dissertation (all economic data),
    but I certainly have known many people who have needed survey data. I
    also know the struggles they went through in getting participation, so
    I figured that I would pitch in and help.

    Everyone obviously makes their own decisions, but for those on the
    fence I thought I wouldm ention that I also took the survey and did not
    find it difficult or invasive at all. I also did the write in option
    of indicating playing pinball as my favorite recreational activity.

    Ron

    seymour-shabow@excite.com wrote:
    > hey it didn't take that long. maybe it was a little OT for this group,
    > but they are looking for people that are into recreation. If anyone
    > else goes to take it, put "playing pinball" under "other" for your
    > favorite recreational activity - maybe they'll put it as an actual
    > category next time!

    I also take phone polls on the off chance they pull my number up. They
    asked me about beer, underwear, and peanut butter. I'm not kidding!
    They only wanted indepth information about the peanut butter and
    underwear, they had never heard of Yeungling, it was some student from
    the university of Michigan for a gov' survey (sounded more like an ad
    agency survey to me)

    yep that was easy and I put pinball to, see what that does to their
    survey!!

    marty

    You'd think someone that wants your time for FREE would
    at least be professional enough to sign their name :-(

    <PhDSister1@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > My sister is a doctoral candidate in the Experimental Psychology
    > Program at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. She is currently
    > investigating whether people's recreational activities and recreational
    > gambling activities are both motivated by the same reasons. We would be
    > really grateful for your help with her dissertation data collection.
    > The survey is completely anonymous, hosted on a secure site, and will
    > take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete. If you are interested in
    > beginning the survey, please take the time to finish it : ) Thank you
    > so much for your consideration.
    > https://www.psychdata.com/surveys.asp?SID=7062
    > PhDSister1

    It's a legitimate site.

    "Fred Kemper" <pbgarage@davlin.net> wrote in message
    > LOL! Right...
    >
    > Fred
    > TX
    > CARGPB#8
    > =========================
    >
    > PhDSist...@aol.com wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >> My sister is a doctoral candidate in the Experimental Psychology
    >> Program at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.

    Well, I guess she can add my response to
    the project....

    --
    Fred
    TX

    "sdknews" <sdknews@verizon.net> wrote in message news:oYU_e.5506$211.547@trnddc08...
    > It's a legitimate site.
    >
    > "Fred Kemper" <pbgarage@davlin.net> wrote in message
    > > LOL! Right...
    > >
    > > Fred
    > > TX
    > > CARGPB#8
    > >
    > > PhDSist...@aol.com wrote:
    > >> Hello,
    > >> My sister is a doctoral candidate in the Experimental Psychology
    > >> Program at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.

Games Video Games