MN-700 & Service Pack 2

I use the MN700 to connect a desktop and a wireless laptop over my local
network, I had a few problems instaling for the firs time the software
because of the firewall, after that it works fine, But now, after I
installed the service pack 2, I have some trouble: the laptop computer
receive internet signal but I can´t print or share files over the network,
if I open the MN-700´s broadband utility, I can´t see the name of the other
computer, it only displays unknown device as the name of the other computer,
I put the MN700 software over the firewall white list, but I still having
the problem. Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance

Edu

joker

This is a Windows issue since file & printer sharing is provided by
Windows & not the hardware. (Wrong layer of the seven layers of death.)

I'd recommend posting the error in a Windows newsgroup.

Well lets look at the name of the newsgroup. It starts with "microsoft"
so that must mean we only talk about Microsoft products. Next it says
"public" so that means any person can post here. Then it says
"broadbandnet" so since this is a Microsoft newsgroup it must be talking
about the Microsoft Broadband Networking. Last but not least it says
"hardware" So that must mean it is the Microsoft hardware for networking
that we talk about.

Thus this is not a general networking newsgroup, but one for the
Microsoft Broadband networking hardware. I'd suggest either posting in
a newsgroup for the hardware you are running, a general networking
newsgroup, or one for whatever version of Windows you are running.

Eduardo Massu wrote:

> I use the MN700 to connect a desktop and a wireless laptop over my local
> network, I had a few problems instaling for the firs time the software
> because of the firewall, after that it works fine, But now, after I
> installed the service pack 2, I have some trouble: the laptop computer
> receive internet signal but I can´t print or share files over the network,
> if I open the MN-700´s broadband utility, I can´t see the name of the other
> computer, it only displays unknown device as the name of the other computer,
> I put the MN700 software over the firewall white list, but I still having
> the problem. Anyone can help?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Edu

assistance.

time.

I don´t agree because let´s see: I have a Microsoft hardware, and if you
think a little the group says Microsoft, also says it is public, so I made
my comment public, also my hardware is a broadband hardware (MN700) so think
again.... it CAN be a problem that the group can read and solve, I think
it´s more usefull to look on this forum than on a windows general
troubleshooting, I think the problem is than Microsoft never thought about
an issue with their service pack and their hardware, or they dont care? so
later can be fix?