1000$ Gaming Laptop with International Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwetanshu

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
1. What is your budget?
Around $1000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15 inches or more

3. What screen resolution do you want?
FULL HD would be preffered

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I need a portable destop replacement if possible.

5. How much battery life do you need?
1-2 Hours Not a big requirement

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

GTA 4,Crysis Metro etc at Mid to High Settings

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

I want to be able watch movies. I want to be able to use Photoshop,MS Office and listen to music.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

At least 320 GB at 7200 rpm

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

DVD rom/writer

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I would prefer to by from brands which offer international warranty and have service centre in India.I Would be buying the laptop in USA.
Some brands in India are:
Dell,Samsung,Asus,Acer,HP,Lenovo,Gateway,Toshiba,Sony,LG (these have service widespread centers )

13. What country do you live in?
India

14.When do you plan to buy?
In November 2nd or 3rd Week....Although can wait if till December 2nd week(if new laptops are coming)

Note: I was checking Asus G51JX X3 and it was availaible at amazon for 999$ in October but suddenly its price went up to 1699$ on 2nd November can anyone tell what is ita exact price now???

shwetanshu

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Maximum i can go is 1120$.I also need an International warranty.

I have seen some laptops:
Asus g51jx x3(Can someone tell me its current price (was 999$ last month))
MSI GX640 260US
Asus n61jq xv1

So should i go for a faster processor with a decent graphic card(1st and 2nd one) or a decent processor with a faster graphic card(3rd one)??

shwetanshu

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
You might try with this HP ENVY 14 Series, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-720QM Quad Core processor (1.6GHz), 14.5" HD BrightView Infinity LED, 4GB. Great specs, nice performance. It might meet your needs well.
http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?type=id&q=d193407&ru=28902305

HD 5650 is an ok ok graphics card compared to GTS360M and HD 5850.....It should be atleast a HD 5750 or GTS 445M.

ssshjp

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
Well, processor works for the AI of units in games while the GPU works for the graphics, i.e. vertex and pixel of 3D objects. So it depends on the game you like.

shwetanshu

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Sorry for late reply.
As i was getting it from my brother there was some miscommunication and he bought an HP laptop with i7 and Nvidia Card.I have to still see it.Dunno which model he got but it costed $1100.

Status
Not open for further replies.