Sign in with
Your question

HP stuck in safe mode help!!!

Last response: in Windows 7
December 31, 2012 2:11:55 AM

Basically my hp 2000 screen is busted so I have been using a external display with that being said I had accidentally toggled te safe mode minimal option in MSCONFIG and my computer rebooted I have no way of seeing what's on the screen right now because it is not loading to my external display what are my options? I called hp and they just told me to get the display of the laptop changed

More about : stuck safe mode

a b α HP
a b $ Windows 7
December 31, 2012 10:31:42 PM

As HP told you - you'll have to get your notebook screen replaced. You've got yourself into a "catch 22" situation where that's the only option now.
m
l
January 1, 2013 11:27:23 AM

contact hp. But i still you want to run then when you turn your laptop on, then press F8. It will ask you in which mode you want to run.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 1, 2013 1:29:17 PM

raxeee8 said:
contact hp. But i still you want to run then when you turn your laptop on, then press F8. It will ask you in which mode you want to run.

Maybe you should go back and re-read the opening thread.

Quote:
Basically my hp 2000 screen is busted so I have been using a external display

They accidently toggled msconfig to the minimal option so they are unable to use the external.

@Aayaz92: Still looking around to see if there is anything that can be done but it's not likely. :D 
m
l
January 1, 2013 2:58:07 PM

hedwar2011 said:
Maybe you should go back and re-read the opening thread.

Quote:
Basically my hp 2000 screen is busted so I have been using a external display

They accidently toggled msconfig to the minimal option so they are unable to use the external.

@Aayaz92: Still looking around to see if there is anything that can be done but it's not likely. :D 

Damn my dad (he works for intel) said the same thing it was really stupid but I put the HDD in anther computer and changed the MSCONFIG option back but now when I put the hard drive back it won't boot up?
m
l
!