what's with all the side art for sale lately?

Last response: in Video Games
September 29, 2005 5:32:18 PM

Just curious. A month ago you couldn't pry this stuff out of people's
stashes, now there almost more cabinet decals for sale than buyers.
You guy know something I don't?

K2

More about : side art sale

Anonymous
September 29, 2005 5:37:12 PM

I would say they probably believe that Wayne is going to start
producing the stuff and want to cash in before his product hits the
streets.

Al
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 5:38:26 PM

I think people are quickly realizing what a pain in the ass it is to
apply them, and also maybe that their current cabs aren't THAT bad. Is
it really worth the trouble if you just have some nicks and scratches?
ALso I think there are guys making brand new cabinets now as well.

kenny_...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Just curious. A month ago you couldn't pry this stuff out of people's
> stashes, now there almost more cabinet decals for sale than buyers.
> You guy know something I don't?
>
> K2
Related resources
September 29, 2005 11:04:13 PM

Supply is running out & "Myself" I dont see anything on the table yet
, but most likely there is !!
Even though something "Might" show up,, until then I dont know if
they'll be as good or better.

I'm holding one last set of Creech decals that I'll put up if the 1st
buyer doesnt claim them .

Pin-Del,
Anonymous
September 30, 2005 1:53:59 AM

On Thu, 29 Sep, kenny_iik@yahoo.com wrote:
> Just curious. A month ago you couldn't pry this stuff out of people's
> stashes, now there almost more cabinet decals for sale than buyers.
> You guy know something I don't?

In my case it is simply spring cleaning. I paid more for the two IJ and
one TZ set than I'm selling them for, so it ain't "cashing in", that's for
damned sure.

Darin didn't split sets and I only needed MM head decals, so that's why I
have body decals for sale.

--Donnie

September 30, 2005 1:54:14 AM

Original artwork on the original medium.

No repro labor and all the other time, energy, and expense to recreate.

The money is in the parts and when the design/creation/engineering is
already done, the profit margins are much easier to achieve.

The technology and processes have also changed and made the end product
cheaper and easier to achieve.

The hoarders are simply attempting to get their money back.

Otto

CARGPB11