Need help please, this is baffling.....

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
So something was fuzzy before I switched out parts (as well as the case). A game I was playing decided it didn't want to work. It would say updating (rediculous low speed) on the launchpad and.....7 day or 20 days till complete which is bogus. I uninstalled the game from Steam and tried again...nope. I uninstalled the game and went to the website where it is as well and same issue. I can't even download Origin for some reason. It says downloading but nothing is happening or it will say 50bytes per second. Is something blocking me? I took off firewall and lowered my IE 9 settings to low. I even tried Chrome, same thing.

I called Verizon to see if it's them (my desktop is directly connected). We went thru a few things and everything is fine. I downloaded Nvidia drivers and everything is fine. Steam, wouldn't download. When I loaded in Civ 5, Civi 5 put Steam on my system. Presently, I am on Origin's website and when I clicked download Origin, I have a blank window like it's not downloading.

Im completely baffled! Yes I am the admin on my system. Yes Im an adult :) (just trying to paint a clear picture for anyone that knows and can help. Parental control is not on (cant be on Admin).

Any ideas?

So in a nutshell, if I want to download Chrome, Nvidia drivers, drivers in general it downloads fine. If I go to download steam, nothing happens/ freezes or downloads at a snails pace...I mean slow....5.79kb/s as an example for a short time then seams like it is not downloading.

Solution
sounds like you've capped your bandwidth allowance. if you do that, your provider will throttle your speed to let you know that you've exceeded the limit. one easy way to know is to see whether youtube is really slow for you.

bennaye

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
sounds like you've capped your bandwidth allowance. if you do that, your provider will throttle your speed to let you know that you've exceeded the limit. one easy way to know is to see whether youtube is really slow for you.

Solution

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006

Nope, no issues on youtube. Was listening to music (and watching videos on it). I did a speed test and I have 50/20 for Verizon Fios and speed test was showing it. I downloaded drivers without any issues. It seems like it's only something to do with games; Steam, Origin won't download yet when I was able to get Steam back after I used my disc of Civ 5 (which loads Steam on system). I reinstalled most of my games with no issues but the trouble happened when I couldn't at all download Steam from Steam's website. I still can't load APB Reloaded (MMORPG) and Origin (has 3 of my other games).

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Oddly, everything is back to normal. There could of been some issues within the Tri-state area or with Steam and Origin since they had massive sales. Everything went back to normal late Sunday night.

TRENDING THREADS