Sign in with
Your question

Hadrd Disk Space reduction

Last response: in Windows 7
December 31, 2012 5:11:36 AM

Hello,
My hard disk space id 152 GB & my memory is 3 GB RAM. I have installed Windows 7. But my C: drive space has reduced. What could be the reason?
a b $ Windows 7
December 31, 2012 5:20:24 AM

shankar_s said:
Hello,
My hard disk space id 152 GB & my memory is 3 GB RAM. I have installed Windows 7. But my C: drive space has reduced. What could be the reason?

start by posting your computer info. you want to first look at your hard drive model info under device manager then google that info. if this is a dell or a pre built system. most time they have a hidden partion that has your system restore info. so you lose a little space when you install an os unless you want to delete that partion. the other installing of windows that issue like yours can happen is that there was a working os on the drive when you did the windows install. you click through the menus without reading them and windows backed up your older os in a win.bac folder. if windowsd did back up your old files you can tell windows to delete the back up.
m
l
December 31, 2012 8:43:23 AM

152,000,000,000 = 152 billion bytes
152,000,000,000 = 141.56 GB as reported by Windows

- Minus file-tables, etc.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 31, 2012 11:15:21 AM

Installed CCleaner and use it to clear the windows update backups, system restore points, browser cache etc.

Make sure you read all the options and are happy to proceed, once changes made no going back.
m
l
Related resources
!