Which 3d Monitor Should I Choose?

georgep

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Hello!

So, I am very confused.
Right now, I have a 2D LCD Monitor connected with my PS3, and I want to try out 3D.
I am between 3 models: LG DM2350D, Samsung S23A700D and Samsung S23A750D.

The first one, has passive glasses which is a plus, but as I've read, the others (the 2 Samsungs) have more pros than LG.
So, what's the differences about 700D and 750D, except from the better design and the DisplayPort? Which one should I choose? If for some reason "LG is the winner", why I would have to buy this monitor and not one from the Samsung?

The other thing that I want to ask, is "does 3D worth at 23 inches?" Many people say that "dont buy a 3D monitor which is 23", because 3D won't give you anything more than a 2D monitor can."

Thanks in advance! :)

Complaining more than once about the lack of response before your thread has even fallen off the first page of the forum seems like a bad way to get help. However, I'll try anyway.

Comparing them side by side at prad.de, the only differences I see between the 700D and 750D are 1: the stand shape (personally, I like the look of the 700D's stand better, but that's highly subjective), 2: the 750D has displayport in place of the 700D's dual-link DVI, 3: the 750D has a mass of 4.5 kg to the 700D's 2.9 kg, and 4: the power consumption for the 750D is 48 watts, compared to 44 for the 700D.

Since you already indicate a preference for passive 3d over active 3d, the only reasons I can think of to choose one of the Samsungs anyway are:
1. you want the 120hz for smoother animation when not using stereoscopic 3d
2. you want the displayport connector
If you see some other reasons from others' reviews, please tell me about them.

As far as not buying a 3d monitor at 23 inches, I don't know where they're coming from. I can state from personal experience that 3d was noticeable on a 19 inch CRT with Elsa Revelator glasses, so 23 inches should be fine, unless (like me) you've gotten used to a larger screen size.

georgep

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Sorry for complaining, but I have started 4 topics in for different forums and I didn't get any help :??:

The problem I have now is that I don't know if I should choose LG for its passive glasses. And the other problem is that they told me that these monitors may won't work with my PS3. Do you know anything about this?

Thanks! :)

As long as a monitor/TV has HDMI or component inputs, it can take the video signal from a PS3. However, getting stereoscopic 3D from a PS3 has additional requirements (which I'm having trouble finding a clear explanation of), and it can be difficult to determine ahead of time whether a given monitor/tv meets those requirements. There is the 24 inch "Sony Playstation 3D Display" which will most definitely support 3d output from the PS3 (since it's specifically marketed for that), but it might not be that good for 3d output from a PC. If you're only getting it for the PS3, keep in mind that only a limited selection of games and blu-ray movies actually support stereoscopic 3d - http://www.3dtested.com/3d-ps3-games-list/ has a list of games with 3d support.