Coney Island (the park) pics back online

Last response: in Video Games
September 29, 2005 10:27:02 PM

Hi all,
After an absence of several years, the space I purchased saves the day.
Out of my pocket, but worth it not to see those god awful popups.

My Coney Island pics are now all online.
http://www.pingeek.com

Enjoy
--
Josh
http://www.pingeek.com

Pin Geek wrote:
> My Coney Island pics are now all online.
Hi, Josh:

I don't know if you have the link to a collection of Coney Island maps
and info going back from 1880 and on to 1949. Lots of photos and a
list of various attractions. If you don't already have it, take a look
at:

http://naid.sppsr.ucla.edu/coneyisland/index.html

I grew up in Brooklyn. In the summer we rode our bikes to Coney Island
and spent time at "Washington Baths."
Lots of memories which probably are a bit before your time. I was born
in 1939 and *my* Coney Island was the one in the mid 1950s. That's
even before Nathans introduced their Chow Mein on a Bun and their
Shrimp Boats and when there was a Frozen Custard stand next door to
them on Surf Ave., just the other side of the alley where Nathans sold
fresh corn.

Bob
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 11:57:21 PM

Cool pics Josh!

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."
Anonymous
September 30, 2005 12:51:30 AM

Hi Bob,
If you click on the link I have for Coney Island History Articles, it's a
link to the same site. They have a map on the bottom that you click on for
Historic Maps. Thanks anyway though.
--

!