How to uninstall HP driver software manually

josiebops

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Printer wsn't working so I went to HP site to download drivers. Said a newer version was on my computer. Don't know how that could be. Anyway, I uninstalled using Add/Remove and tried to re-install from the HP site. Got the same response. Went through the whole unplug, plug, turn off, turn on, reboot computer, unplug & plug USB cable and still kept getting error message "Installation Failure." All HP's solutions didn't work. Someone told me that I probably didn't uninstall everything and that there was probably something in my registry.
I'm completely at a loss as to what to do. I've spent 2 days at this and have lost 2 days of work and I am only able to print. HP Director doesn't have icons for faxing, scanning, or updating, only HPImage Zone. I'm ready to pitch this thing out the window. HELP!

josiebops

Honorable
May 19, 2012
I've had such a time (3 full 8 hr days) of working on this. I finally got my machine to print and scan. I can't do it through HP Solution Center since it's not installed. But I'm afraid to uninstall again.

I already have CCleaner and run it regularly but I don't think I did it after uninstalling HP Printer.

I did run Registry cleaner. Had a ton of HP files, etc. I was desperate so I fixed all that showed up but it didn't help matters.

What else do you have for me??????

Should I try to uninstall again and run CCleaner and then try to reinstall latest from HP???