Laptop battery life cut in half after motherboard replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toyeboy

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
Hey I am stumped, I got my motherboard replaced for a burnt up power jack and now the battery life went from 2 hrs to less than 1hr on a full charge, it is at 57% now with only 41 mins time remaining. What could be the problem any ideas? could the repair place have done something wrong?

First, try to make sure your power settings (advanced and all) are the same as before. Replacing the mobo could reset that.
Also, see if the mobo is the same make/model as the old one, because an upgrade, due to unavailability of the old model, even if it physically fits inside the laptop, could mean a world of difference in terms of performance and power consumption.
Lastly, battery swapping could cause the same symptoms (if you catch my drift...).

toyeboy

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
Hey thanks for the response but I just figured out the problem and it feels good haha...okay so I noticed my fan was running a lot more and my laptop was running warmer...so I checked task manager and a USB tablet driver was constantly running using 50% of my CPU, this was sucking my battery power, it's back up to 3 hrs @ 100% charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.