Newbie with EBD needs help

My wife just bought my an Eight Ball Deluxe. Pretty good shape, but it
needs a little help. It needs some new rubber and popup bumper skirts.
I can't figure out what position 20 and 21 do on the self test. The
display flickers when the game is in attract mode. The rollover lanes
are worn down to the wood. I don't have a key to the back box. I
would be grateful for any advice.
2 answers Last reply
More about newbie help

    The self test positions 16 - 21 should all be set to "3". You get the
    voice and proper sounds that way instead of chime type sounds.

    DR

    pinballdoctor.com

    Apteryx wrote:
    > My wife just bought my an Eight Ball Deluxe. Pretty good shape, but it
    > needs a little help. It needs some new rubber and popup bumper skirts.
    > I can't figure out what position 20 and 21 do on the self test. The
    > display flickers when the game is in attract mode. The rollover lanes
    > are worn down to the wood. I don't have a key to the back box. I
    > would be grateful for any advice.

    Flickering displays are either connector related or if all displays
    flicker then there's something wrong on the cpu (i had a similar prob
    when i accidentally replaced a capacitor with the wrong value or it can
    be a bad timer chip long list and i'm not familiar with ebd). As for
    the backbox get someone to hold the backglass just in case and drill
    the lock with a no5 drill bit (5mm) until it goes though the lock
    entirely you should be able to take out the bg after that.

    Apteryx wrote:
    > My wife just bought my an Eight Ball Deluxe. Pretty good shape, but it
    > needs a little help. It needs some new rubber and popup bumper skirts.
    > I can't figure out what position 20 and 21 do on the self test. The
    > display flickers when the game is in attract mode. The rollover lanes
    > are worn down to the wood. I don't have a key to the back box. I
    > would be grateful for any advice.

Games Video Games Displays