Newbie with EBD needs help

Last response: in Video Games
September 29, 2005 8:01:06 PM

My wife just bought my an Eight Ball Deluxe. Pretty good shape, but it
needs a little help. It needs some new rubber and popup bumper skirts.
I can't figure out what position 20 and 21 do on the self test. The
display flickers when the game is in attract mode. The rollover lanes
are worn down to the wood. I don't have a key to the back box. I
would be grateful for any advice.

More about : newbie ebd

Anonymous
September 29, 2005 8:07:54 PM

The self test positions 16 - 21 should all be set to "3". You get the
voice and proper sounds that way instead of chime type sounds.

DR

pinballdoctor.com

Apteryx wrote:
> My wife just bought my an Eight Ball Deluxe. Pretty good shape, but it
> needs a little help. It needs some new rubber and popup bumper skirts.
> I can't figure out what position 20 and 21 do on the self test. The
> display flickers when the game is in attract mode. The rollover lanes
> are worn down to the wood. I don't have a key to the back box. I
> would be grateful for any advice.
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 8:13:21 PM

Flickering displays are either connector related or if all displays
flicker then there's something wrong on the cpu (i had a similar prob
when i accidentally replaced a capacitor with the wrong value or it can
be a bad timer chip long list and i'm not familiar with ebd). As for
the backbox get someone to hold the backglass just in case and drill
the lock with a no5 drill bit (5mm) until it goes though the lock
entirely you should be able to take out the bg after that.

!