Windows XP hacks

G

I bought Windows XP 6 months ago (I honestly did!) and say I want to install it on a new PC later. Of course, I wouldn't be able to register it in the 30 day period b/c XP generates the code based on your PC. But, I've seen these little apps on Kazaa that disable the countdown timer, generate serials, etc. Anyone try those? Do they work? Sorry if I offend some anti-piraters but microsoft already has 100 billion dollars so I won't be a huge it on them =)

Most people live at the speed of life, I drink Mountain Dew!

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
if you havent activated it yet there is no problem, if you have you just need to call them and get your key reactivated.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

G

I thought XP prevented multiple PC installations and that's why they sell mulit-liscense packs?

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
why cant it? to activate it again, just call them and say you got a new computer and want to install it again. i seriously doubt they would be able to tell if two licenses of windows xp were running at the same time. maybe you would run into trouble with windows update. but legaly your supposed to own two copys if you use it on two computers.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

G

thanx, I think I just had a bad source on XP info =)

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
That's what I've been wondering about this whole thing... How can they tell if you've switched your mobo and nic, or are installing it on a second computer? :smile:

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
If you put a legit copy of XP on a computer, then activate it on-line, for what ever reason you will be able to reactivate it as many times as you want. I have about 6-7 times. But if you put that copy on another PC you won't be able to activate it on-line, and will have to call them and tell them why such a change. Say they give you some number to activate it, well, you will be ok as long as nothing goes wrong and you don't have to activate it again, because even though they help you activate it the first you still won't be able to do it on-line, and will have to call them again. Again this person you talk to will what to know what is going on. That's how it has been for me, I had to call twice with PC number two, and I'm sure I'll have to call again if something goes wrong. I suppose when you activate it on-line they have a print out of your system info.

Hey Baby, want to play with my computer?