Sign in with
Your question

Blank Screen - Works On Monitor - Problem!

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
November 4, 2010 8:30:01 AM

Hi

I tried out this laptop on my screen and it runs perfect, its a toshiba satelite dual core 3gb ram etc. As the screen was totally dead i presumed it was the lcd panel rather than the inverter and replaced it. The problem is still the same with a brand new screen. I was under the impression i would be able to see a faint picture even with a torch if it was the inverter? Could it possibly be the inverter or am i throwing more money away if i buy one? I have checked all the lcd cables and they are fit snug. There is no sign of the laptop being dropped or any spills etc.

Any help appreciated as i am quite new to the laptop game.

Thanks
a b D Laptop
a b C Monitor
November 4, 2010 1:59:30 PM

It is either the inverter or a defective (new) LCD. Those are the only choices. Good luck!
November 4, 2010 3:23:24 PM

i also tried a 2nd user lcd panel which i presumed to be working ok. only when this failed to fire up did i buy the new one lol!!! thanks for the reply i will order a new invter and see how it goes - damn laptops =)
a b D Laptop
a b C Monitor
November 4, 2010 5:44:26 PM

dejay2k9 said:
i also tried a 2nd user lcd panel which i presumed to be working ok. only when this failed to fire up did i buy the new one lol!!! thanks for the reply i will order a new invter and see how it goes - damn laptops =)

They can certainly be a pain to repair. Good luck!
!